• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugdamo

Has Anyone Used Bbm Coolant Hose For 2.0 Turbo

pugdamo

I'm looking to get the BBM coolant hose that runs from the header tank to the distribution block,im just wondering if anyone has used it how well did it fit? To me it looks like it will foul the brake servo

Thanks

Daviewonder

I've used one. It didn't fit my 406 turbo engine very well as it sits against the turbo heat shield, I had to wrap it in heatproof cloth. which leads to my next point.

Everyone I have spoken to who has fitted an XM turbo engine has had issues with the turbo heatshield fouling the steering uj, I don't know of anyone who has used the 406 engine having this trouble.

Is the XM manifold different to the 406 one? Could the BBM hose have been designed around the XM set up?

Anyone had any experience in this field?

Miles

I used a couple of hoses on the 406 engine I did (Cut and shut), This gave loads of clearance around the turbo, No idea on the pipe offered thou

pugdamo

I used a couple of hoses on the 406 engine I did (Cut and shut), This gave loads of clearance around the turbo, No idea on the pipe offered thou

I spoke to you a while ago about the hose you made,you put a pic on facebook for me,the problem i have is the pipe that comes from the water distribution block is a steel pipe that runs up to the cambelt cover,i wanted to keep this but it wont fit because the master cylinder is in the way.

Does the 406 have a rubber pipe from the water distribution block then?

Miles

No idea as the engine was in the car when bought, But I would say the reason I did what I did to get some clearance, it was still bloody tight thou

pugdamo

I've used one. It didn't fit my 406 turbo engine very well as it sits against the turbo heat shield, I had to wrap it in heatproof cloth. which leads to my next point.

Everyone I have spoken to who has fitted an XM turbo engine has had issues with the turbo heatshield fouling the steering uj, I don't know of anyone who has used the 406 engine having this trouble.

Is the XM manifold different to the 406 one? Could the BBM hose have been designed around the XM set up?

Anyone had any experience in this field?

As far as i know the manifolds are the same,mine is from a 605 which would probably be very similar to the XM and that sits about an inch away from the steering uj,

I don't suppose there is any way you could take a pic of yours if its visible,my concern is how well it fits around the servo,yours being on the heatshield is just another problem :( . I think its looking like i will have to make my own as miles has suggested

pip470

Im using it on my 309, the fit is good. It is very close to the heat shield and i might think about putting some protection on it and its slightly in front of the inlet of the turbo. All very tight but a very neat solution. Not exactly cheap and can be made with odds and sods but for me was the way to go and i would recommend it. Some pics i had but were not taken with respect to your question but better than nothing.

post-8104-0-30303100-1353481301_thumb.jpgpost-8104-0-44326400-1353481311_thumb.jpg

Miles

Where the pipe is on the right pic (Oil drain to servo) I made it to come up allot more to clear the Turbo, Only pics of it are here

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

pugdamo

Thankyou for all your replies,i like the idea of getting the ready made pipe as i can just get it and put it straight on but the pipe miles has done looks like it fits really well,so i think i will have a go at making one up like that and if it fails i can always cut it into tiny pieces then buy one :blush: