• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
EZ Tutty

Vts/gti-6 Stuttering :(

EZ Tutty

Well I got my GTi-6/VTS'ed 205 through it's MOT today (no advisories!! :D ) and after driving it on the road properly for the first time, I've found it stutters, it's most noticeable just after starting (hot or cold) at about 2000rpm, altho it also does it briefly when you floor it at more or less any RPM... once the stutter stops it pulls cleanly to the redline.

I've tried swapping the MAP from a friends working car, but this made no difference.

The Coolant Temp Sensor & Intake Air Temp Sensor check out ok, according to the resistance/temp data on Autodata.

I checked the voltage coming from the Throttle Position Sensor and found it was 0.55v at closed throttle, and 4.6v at WOT, the sweep is nice and smooth, but Autodata states the Closed Throttle voltage should be 'approx' 0.2v

If anyone has done this check on there car, could you tell me what your Closed Throttle TPS Voltage is?

And if anyone has any other suggestions i'd be very grateful!

Edited by EZ Tutty

mikeygulley

Another thing you can try is unplugging the Lambda and going for a drive to see if it makes any difference.

HERMAN

if you need to borrow the throttle body let me know its only 4 bolts and a few plugs.

pug_ham

Have you got the vehicle speed sensor (vss) wired in & connected up?

g

dcc

I thought the same Graham, but he stated its at any point in the rev range - I would have only expected that to be an issue at sub 1500rpm

pug_ham

I'm not sure but it does have an effect as the ecu receives a signal the car is moving from the vss & on my 306 raises the idle speed in neutral when its rolling with clutch in. :unsure:

If not then is this topic for a similar issue any help?

g

welshpug

when the VSS failed in the ZX I only noticed an annoying flatspot at around 1500, no other ill -effects noticed elsewhere.

EZ Tutty

Did some further testing today...

Checked the timing and it's spot on.

Ran with lambda Disconnected and the Stutter just got worse

TPS disconnected - No Change

IAT Disconnected - No Change

Yup I've got the VSS connected up.

if you need to borrow the throttle body let me know its only 4 bolts and a few plugs.

Cheers for the offer Neil, but it would appear the TPS is ok :(

Toddy

What's the condition of the spark plugs, any which are black and oily?

EZ Tutty

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I've checked MAP, TPS, IAT, CTS, Cam & Crank Position Sensors, Lambda, Spark Plugs, Timing, Fuel Pressure yet nothing seems wrong.

Paul_13

Mine did this turned out to be coil pack

Changed all 4, problem solved

EZ Tutty

It's not a coil pack, it gets worse with the lambda unplugged, so something is affecting the fuelling.

GTI6BOY

No change unplugging the tps?

Surely that's the problem then

EZ Tutty

If the TPS was faulty then unplugging it should improve things as the ECU would revert to default maps/fuel tables

EZ Tutty

Well after days of checking sensors, wiring, timing etc I think I've finally figured it out.

Whilst doing the conversion I fitted a set of 'refurbished' injectors from a company on ebay.

The listing was for Sagem H003 01F009A (i'm using a ph2 VTS engine) however it appears the injectors I was sent are 01F003A's, which come from the XU10J4R (137bhp) engine. I suppose I should of checked more thoroughly, but they looked identical.

I've got a set of the correct injectors on the way, so fingers crossed!

• Like 1

welshpug

Unless you are using a ph2 xsara ecu you need the green topped weber injector from the gti6/phase 1 vts

EZ Tutty

Ph2 VTS sagem injectors work fine on a 6 ECU with a 3.5bar FPR... I know a couple of people running this setup.

There both high impedance injectors, which flow approx the same (with the higher fuel pressure)

Edited by EZ Tutty

HERMAN

Any joy Paul?

EZ Tutty

Yes mate, got another set of VTS injectors on Thursday, dropped them in and it's now running sweet as!

Cheers again for letting me try bits from your car..... which reminds me, I hear you have a spanner of mine? lol

HERMAN

Yes mate i will drop it round when I am passing. Glad you have sorted it.