• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vtifan

Fitting Rs Engine Into Xs

vtifan

well after finding more and more rot on my gti i have got myself a very good xs shell.

just need a few hints on wiring.

1) do i need to swap the entire body and dash wiring loom and fuse box from a gti into my xs shell

2)is there a simpler way like using the gti fusebox and plugging in all the light etc looms

3)are the phase 1.5 phase 2 looms identical

cheers for any help ,and i'm sure welshpug will be happy to know i have invested in a new keyboard :D

welshpug

See allye's thread, he did this.

vtifan

See allye's thread, he did this.

have read both but doesnt go into much detail if i remember mate

vtifan

should maybe add that i have the gti6 loom converted already to plug in at the brown plugs behind dash.

and also have a phase 1.5 and phase 2 gti sitting for parts that i may need,i take it from allye.s thread that i can just use the lighting looms that are there already,i am going to need the fuel pump loom or rear loom swapped or spliced in,

i cant pick up my xs until start of december so cant really compare the fuse boxes etc but need to get rid of one of my gti.s before i pick it up to clear space in the garage,just really need to know which wiring parts i need to remove before scrapping it

allye

It's actually quite simple on the wiring front, if I can do it anyone can :lol:

The XS has no brown multiplugs so you need to change the loom from the guages/clocks (includes hazard/demist buttons, fag lighter etc) to the fuse box, this gives you the correct plugs, you also need to change the light/wipers etc loom as IIRC this is some how integrated into the engine loom on the TU cars. Also remember you need to wire in fuel pump etc,s o may be easier to swap looms from your GTI for that.

PS, you dont need to use the gti fuse box, just add/take away fuses and relays accordingly

Edited by allye

Anthony

It's worth checking the fusebox, as some non-injection models don't have the pins present on the connector where the fuel pump wiring connects back to.

It's not difficult to work around this if needs be as you don't need to run through the fusebox, but for ease of diagnosis and keeping everything as standard as possible, I would stick in an injection fusebox if your one doesn't have the required pins.

(fuel pump connector is the rear right hand most 2-pin one IIRC)

Miles

No need to change lighting loom, Just a couple of wires to change over to the GTi dash loom and that's it,

vtifan

so gti dash loom and fuel pump wiring of some sort then ? i am going to remove the complete loom from gti any way if i can in the time i have,so mkight need some more help when it comes time to actually wire this up lol,thanks for the info guys

vtifan

stripped out my gti loom today and now have a better idea what is going on :)

the engine loom ecu etc is scrap

i use the dash loom and would have to join 4 or 5 wires into the engine bay lighting etc loom ,but think i will just use the gti lighting loom as i can give it a good clean up and re-tape it while i am waiting on my new shell coming

i cut the rear loom behind the fuel pump connectors as my new shell is a cabriolet so will just have to join in the lighting wires as no rear wash wipe demister etc

i think i have this pretty much sussed out apart from if the convertible fuse box is different because of the power hood,guess i will just have to wait and see :)

thanks for the help guys