• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hattjosh

Gti-6 Immobiliser Problems

hattjosh

Hi,

I am currently converting my 205 to gti-6 power, I have bought a T reg 306 as a donor which is currently sat outside, the engine is in the 205 and today we tried to start it.

The engine ran perfectly before I took it out and I did the immobiliser unlock by un plugging it whilst it was running but I think I cocked it up by plugging it back in with the transponder still connected.

Seeing as I still have the 306 I tried connecting the transponder and key induction coil to the ecu in an attempt to get it to start, it didn't.

The questions I have are, has anyone successfully re used the transponder set up in a 205?

And does anyone have wiring diagrams for the wiring on the interior of the car relating to the immobiliser?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post.

pug_ham

If you have the rest of 306 the ecu came from & can still switch the ignition on then you might be able to unlock it again.

You need the corresponding body cph (inside the dash above the ashtray) so with the ecu & transponder aerial reconnected in the 306, switching the ignition on should send an unlock code.

Otherwise you need to send it to someone such as Rob turbo on here who can unlock ecu's or buy an unlocked one.

The wiring for the transponder aerial runs to the cph & from there to the ecu pins 27 & 48 as a random digital signal.

g

dcc

Can you not plug the ECU and Transponder into another 306 along with the ignition barrel, and unlock it that way?

pug_ham

No, it has to match the cph unit afaik because they are coded to the key & ecu.

g

hattjosh

Brilliant, thanks guys i'll try putting it back into the 306 and let you know how I get on. Just incase though i have already ordered an unlocked ecu off fleebay. Im the mean time here is a quick pic of the project in its current state.

post-19384-0-40046000-1353068883_thumb.jpg

hattjosh

I thought i'd better update this (can't stand it when people leave an open ended thread).

The car now runs thanks to the eBay ecu so I guess that means I definitely screwed up the unlocking of the ecu. I haven't had time to see if the above mentioned techniques work to unlock the ecu (moving house) but I really appreciated the help.

Cheers guys

• Like 1