• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mhyphenl

Sad Issues

mhyphenl

I recently started up my rebuilt engine and it over revs, climbs to about 1400 when warm. I was really careful about leaks when I put it together and have checked everywhere, engine light comes on and the fault code is incorrect mixture so it would suggest a leak! However as a last resort I squose the pipe coming from the SAD to the inlet manifold and the revs drop dramatically, not sure what to as u can't look at the same time. Now I've had the thing off three times, checked it on the bench and the hole closes with a 12v supply, checked the connector for 12v too and that seems fine. The only thing I can think of is a bad connection when it's together, anyone got any other ideas. I thought the hole should close with heat too!?

Grim.Badger

IIRC 1400 when warm/hot isn't too bad, it's when you have 2000 (like I have atm) that you need to worry. However, if you squeeze the SAD pipe on a hot engine and the revs drop, then the SAD isn't closing properly or you've got a leak somewhere between the SAD and inlet - I presume you tried cleaning it out?

Also, it should need both heat and 12v to close all the way iirc