• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dee205

Rwd Conversion

dee205

I know this has been done before loads of times so it's nothing new.

Myself and a mate are contemplating a few daring conversions. One of which is a rwd conversion.

I've trawled through the archives but to bring the topic to the table again.

Preferably staying with the Peugeot engine, possibly 2.0 turbo, Mi16 or who knows. Shoe string budget so nothing mad. Front or rear engined considered.

We had thought about basically cutting the front of a donor 205 and putting it in the back of another ( not quite as rash as it sounds though)

Opinons please on what you have seen used and what way it's done, box, diff, engine, mounts etc.

It doesnt have to be strictly road legal but obviously safely is a big factor.

Many thanks

Damien

harryskid

Ask this chap, you might even know of him! :)

• Like 2

brumster

Is it me, or is that a rather slow-shifting sequential setup (well, the cut on the engine rather than the box itself)?

dee205

His budget is probably a fair bit more than what we would have. Crazy ass car & driving though!

• Like 1

Batfink

Is it me, or is that a rather slow-shifting sequential setup (well, the cut on the engine rather than the box itself)?

probably extends the service life of the gearbox.

brumster

Once it's in, it's in - delaying the throttle cut any longer won't make any difference once the dogs have engaged. Unless in that video it really is taking the gearbox that long to select next gear (in which case it's a pretty useless sequential!?). I've seen satchshift select gears and be on the power quicker than that thing....!?

Or maybe the audio is just out on the video.... hard to say 100% I guess.

cybernck
We had thought about basically cutting the front of a donor 205 and putting it in the back of another ( not quite as rash as it sounds though)

Never seen this then?

205Mi32_Ph1_150.thumb.jpg

• Like 1