• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
starky5

Good Quality Engine Mounts

starky5

Im just about to drop an mi in my 205 so im replacing the mounts while im at it. I've ordered the gearbox mount and buffers from peugeot but they tell me the top mount is no longer available.

So my question is can someone point me in the right direction of a good quality copy part?

Thanks

Carbs4me

Baker BM do the full set.. usually when putting an Mi in you require uprate engine mounts. otherwise it will catch your master cyclinder.

Ant

starky5

I have the uprated lower mount from them to reduce the engine rock already so i was hoping to try standard mounts for the rest to reduce vibration as its my everyday car

• Like 2

Anthony

Neat Autos did sell the OE top engine mount as far as I'm aware quite cheaply, although not sure if they still do. Might be worth asking.

Some of the pattern ones are noticeably softer and/or poorer quality, and would almost certainly be unsuitable for an Mi.

Whether you'll get away with standard mounts will depend to a point on the tolerances of your individual shell, as they do differ a surprising amount. The uprated lower mount and spacing the top mount buffers appropriately will control the rocking motion of the engine well enough, it's just whether there's sufficient MC to cambelt cover clearance to allow the side to side movement you'll get with standard mounts.

My 205 that I've recently removed the Mi16 from was running a similar setup to what you're proposing and that was fine.

Paul_13

I ordered one not so long ago from Pug and it was still available!?

1844 42

MOUNTING BRACKT

RIGHT

- EXCEPT (GE)

RIGHT

- (GE)

Not shown as NFP, think they're having you on mate

starky5

cool thanks for that ill take that part number with me when i pick up the other bits and try and order one

starky5

I ordered one not so long ago from Pug and it was still available!?

1844 42

MOUNTING BRACKT

RIGHT

- EXCEPT (GE)

RIGHT

- (GE)

Not shown as NFP, think they're having you on mate

Just went in there with your part code and ordered one, Thanks!!