• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Samson1886

Gti6 G/box 6Speed

Samson1886

Hi, I have Citroen ZX16V with XU10J4 engine. Recently changed to 6speed box which I feel more torque at beginning. This is great. I find 6speed box is much more better and suit my driving style.

the oil sump has been replaced with XU10J4R oil sump which match the box pretty much...

just for sharing.

Also, a couple of my mates is venturing into transplanting VTS 2.0 engine. Not sure if this fit into ZX chassis? And the wiring looms?

Anthony

Late ZX's (called ZX Dakar) actually came with the XU10J4RS (aka 306 GTi6/ Xsara VTS) engine fitted rather than the XU10J4 of the earlier 16v's like yours. If you do a search on here, one of our members "Welshpug" has done the conversion on his old ZX 16v and is now doing it on another and I imagine that should cover specifics.

I would assume that the loom will need adapting to mate up with the ZX wiring plugs, and worth noting that you'll need the loom and ECU from a Phase 1 (2000 or earlier) Xsara as the later Phase 2 models use multiplex wiring and ECU that isn't suitable.

Samson1886

Thanks Anthony. I do aware ZX Dakar but I didn't realize this version were fitted with XU10JRS engine. Shame on me!

Will have more details with Welshpug.

welshpug

Zx is same chassis as 306+xsara, bulkhead forwards also same as partner+berlingo.

You will need to wire zx plug onto 306/xsara engine loom, use rfs hoses + radiator, gear rod from stick to subframe, exhaust downpipe.

Use original rfy alternator+pas pump if non a/c.

Thats about it! Rfs used larger brakes and different wheels, they dont fit under original 16v wheels, they also use rear load compensator on the brakes instead of inline pressure limiters.

Samson1886

Thanks Welshpug.

Will look into more on this once i am ready.

I shall seek more advise from your end in the event i have doubts.