• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mansfield205

My 205 Gti 1.6

ciarandeery1

That looks great, doors look in perfect condition

Keljon

def a good one to restore

Mansfield205

With the fuse box there should be a little catch

Push the fuse box up and pull the catch towards u and should slot into position

Enless its missing ...

That looks great, doors look in perfect condition

def a good one to restore

Cheers :) a lot of my plans will be done after christmas, mainly sorting the bodywork out, mainly because i need to save some cash up.

cracking.jpg

Thats pretty much the only thing thats not in good condition, but shouldnt be a problem to sort.

Mansfield205

After a while without much happening to the car, I've finally managed to get it insured for a decent price. Only £1300, which is only about £150 more than I was paying the the 106 1.1!

Going to use it as my daily drive for a while, so I can get some enjoyment out of it. Work will start now to sort it out too. Really happy :D

chris-gti

Nice motor, Looks really smart!

I'm a strong believer in using these as a daily drive. Enjoy.

Mansfield205

Nice motor, Looks really smart!

I'm a strong believer in using these as a daily drive. Enjoy.

Thanks :D the cars being serviced this week, and having a good check up for any problems.

Had a scare on Saturday when it refused to start, had to be bump started down a hill :P no idea what the problem was, it's always started first time before and since then!

I'm hoping to stop the really jerky ride problems I'm having at the moment after the service. But all in all it's a brilliant car and I've had a huge smile on my face every mile I've driven it so far :D

shalmaneser

They look so nice standard, kind of wish I'd kept mine that way!

But it is much faster now.... :ph34r:

chris-gti

Thanks :D the cars being serviced this week, and having a good check up for any problems.

Had a scare on Saturday when it refused to start, had to be bump started down a hill :P no idea what the problem was, it's always started first time before and since then!

I'm hoping to stop the really jerky ride problems I'm having at the moment after the service. But all in all it's a brilliant car and I've had a huge smile on my face every mile I've driven it so far :D

Hope it helps with your ride problems. I see you are only in mansfield, if you are still struggling after it's service bring it down and i'll see if i can help with it.

if your starting problem was click click but no turning over, chances are your starter motor is on the way out. Mine did this every now and again but started to become more persistent, Ended up with another motor on it and i's been fine since.