• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
commievid

Gti-6 Engined, Raising Back To Standard Ride Height?

commievid

Hi all,

I've been pondering raising the ride height back to standard, but with the GTI-6 engine am wondering what my best options are.

I've found in these forums that custom springs are a possibility, even down to exact specs from another forum member here who's done so, can't remember the name. However, I'm not sure I'm up for paying quite a bit for what are standard springs, albeit for the heavier engine.

What's the general drop if I was to get standard 205 springs in comparison? I hear gravel springs are also standard height, so that might be an option for the future should I want to firm up dampers too, without the need for a custom order.

There's also the issue of raising the rear. I've no confidence in trying this myself, and given the last time the beam was looked at was circa 2005 (R.Mountjoy receipt) I suspect the best option is to get it refurbished and specify standard ride height. If I was being foolish and taking a risk, how much would it cost to get a garage to raise it back to standard?

Standard height and poundage would result in pretty much a standard setup, as I believe I have B4 Bilsteins front and K6 on the rear, so that once other things get replaced (drop links, wishbones, etc.) I'll hopefully have a decent benchmark to continue from.

Thanks all!

Strictly_Derv

I'm sure 306 GTI-6 springs and shocks will fit, so that may be a good option for you.

Miles

No on 306 springs it will go on off road mode, std 205 GTI springs are fine and you'll be around 5mm lower than std which isn't a bad thing, Rear should just need adjusting and I'd use some new seals + Re-grease and it should be good for another 5 years