• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

[Engine_Work] Miami Blue 205 1.9>gti6

jamie_1992

ok then not got many pics of the last steps of the build

here are a few

IMG_0686_zpsfd7919c2.jpg

IMG_0685_zps25732732.jpg

IMG_0684_zps6d05f142.jpg

IMG_0683_zps68de1c60.jpg

it is now got 12 months mot on it and runs and drive great with only the idle control valve playing up

still has a small oil leak from the oil pressure adapter soon to be sorted and the cam covers painting again as had to replace them

next on the list is to get some paint the same colour as the car and repaint the engine bay and door shuts

then shot blast the under side of the car and repaint along with a beam recon

lots of work to keep me busy over the summer

Josh_Quant

what size core plug did you use bud?

jamie_1992

not sure i had a draw full of them and just pick one roughly the right size, had to take a little of on the bench grinder but it fits well

maxi

Do you work in Burgess Hill by any chance? I was following a white xs with black arches the other day through town that looks just like the one in your profile pic?

Good effort on your first conversion, one pointer I would mention is there seems to be a hell of a lot of silicone on your thermostat housing/water distribution block. If here is that much squeezed outside, imagine how much is squeezed internally and now flowing around the waterways of your engine.

Il keep a look out for you although I hardly ever drive my 205 these days.

Maxi

jamie_1992

yes thats me lol

i have since resealed that adapter so no need to worry

i have only ever seen one other 205 in bh and that is another xs and i drive there every day hope the gti6 will get a bit more use now the sun is out a little more

maxi

I have always had 205's and have lived in Burgess Hill (unfortunately) since 92. My latest 205 you would hear before you saw it, K plate, diamond cut 1900 rims, resprayed carbon black running a 241BHP overbored and stroked gti6 on TBs. Done a few conversions in my time so if you ever need me to cast my eye over anything just shout.

Maxi

jamie_1992

did you buy any change drive through the industrial estate buy wicks, was at work and saw a 205 fly past making alot of noise

i lived there when i was younger then lucky got out over plumpton way lol, dad still lives in cants lane though (rather handy having a motor factors right on you door step too)

lfallgti

What colour was the car originally?

jamie_1992

a sort of gun metal gray

i got the car already with the respray but the shuts have not been done and it is irritating me

maxi

Small world, I live just off Cants Lane. Havent driven my 205 since last August.