• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ginge191

[Misc_Work] 205 Derv

Strictly_Derv

We turned up the fueling, abit too much IMO :lol: also de filtered it and put a 'sport' back box on, so yeah it could probably just out drag a snail now.

ginge191

Hi, what are you doing to the engine to make it more powerful? (When still N/A )

Thanks

As strictlyderv said, the only things we could do was to up the fuel and allow a more free air intake, it's noticeably faster, but without adding a turbo, i think it's reached the NA limit.

MAY add a turbo on for some lols before dropping the 1.9 XUD lump in :)

• Like 1

boldy205

i see, so its the pump timing you altered?

ginge191

Not as such; the fuel pin we've adjusted; allowing more fuel, then adjusted the idle to compensate.

Kezzer30

Dyno it hahhaha let us know what ut gets lmao

Strictly_Derv

It won't be more than 70bhp. We may get some more with some advance and a gov mod (raised rev limiter to those who don't know).

I could hit 80bhp at a push I reckon.

ginge191

But for the effort and time it would take, it makes sense to just start building an XUD9 block and drop that in

Strictly_Derv

Best get hunting. I've got 2 now :P.

ginge191

Small update;

Picked up some new cylinders for the rear drums and got some new brake lines made up by KrisB - for anyone that doesnt know him - http://www.krisb.co.uk/ HIGHLY recommended for any work, does a lot of work on nearly every other french forum, sure he's around here somewhere, if not, highly recommended - used him for the last 3 years? or so on jobs which i cant be bothered to do... enough ranting about how useful he is...

Going to hopefully get the beam changed over next week when i;ve got some time off work..

ginge191

Max and myself managed to get the rear beam changed; quite a long day, seeing as we had the wrong cylinders for the drums, so another trip to Krisb to get them swapped (legend as he is..) with some interesting results on the old beam - f***ed is an understatement.

But all is well, all went without too many hickups which is nice

Old beam out in about 30minutes, massive difference with 2 people working on it

vSTiu.jpg

Issue 1 - seized dampers

g2F4A.jpg

Issue 2 - servicebox calls it a "PLUG TOWBALL" ? The rubber between the trailing arm and the bearing i believe?

Anyway, Good beam:

Pgu96.jpg

f***ed beam

u00U9.jpg

Issue 3 - f***ed mounts

hwPPV.jpg

And finally the replacement beam going on

dXBol.jpg

Overall, bearing whine has gone what i initially thought was the front (bonus) and handles, sits adn generally feels much safer. Pumped up the originial cambered and rubbing tyre as it was at 3psi :doh:

Oh and finally, a sticker i found on my car from Max - troll gotta be trolling..

dY1Gg.jpg

welshpug

That's not a good beam, that's just a beam not showing any external signs of wear ;)

The other beam is like fatty's leg !

• Like 1

Strictly_Derv

The bearings had seized solid in the old beam (not the dampers). Shocking :o

Good progress that day, things went fairly well apart from my very bruised and scratched arm from having the beam drop on it and trapping it :wacko:

ginge191

The bearings had seized solid in the old beam (not the dampers). Shocking :o

Good progress that day, things went fairly well apart from my very bruised and scratched arm from having the beam drop on it and trapping it :wacko:

My last words "hold on max...max... hold on...." *bang...* great; working with a noob :o

ginge191

Small update; got my front 'driving lights' sorted out the other day, an absoloute PITA; the car had a cracked bumper and had been replaced by a garage by the previous owner, whoever wired this up made an absoloute hash job, so we had to make an entire new, seperate loom and swtich for them... all in all, happy with them now.

309266_10152285275380632_437497926_n.jpg

The plan now for this; got hold of a XUD9 DHY block from a local dealership i used to live near, this needs a nw mechanical bosch fitted, so i'll do the cambelt at the same time. Going to run whatever turbo is on there to start and then (with strictlyderv) get working on a VNT setup. Keeping this fairly on the hush, but we've got about 2 or 3 ideas between us on manually controlling this.. but yeh... hopefullly we should both have something up and running soon :)

FireFly

Good to see a lot of love going into this Gingle. :)

• Like 1

ginge191

Trent, that you?!

Anyway, to keep this updated on this forum; obtained a new turbo: TD25 VNT, lovely little VNT. nuf chat, more pics!

6DiTCHw.jpg

RDHSz18.jpg

2DMALAc.jpg

also managed to win an engine on ebay - found an engine locally, watched it for 5 days, and won it at a bargain price - engine comes with turbo, ancillaries, gearbox, shafts, and hubs, EVERYTHING, most of it wont be used, but ya'know, it gets chucked it :)

picking that up on saturday (9th Feb), MIGHT have it all fitted in my tuesday (12th Feb) but won't have the VNT rigged up, or a decent fuel pump, but nonetheless, will have BOOOST! :D

Edited by ginge191

ginge191

Got a lot of work done today. Cleared out the garage with max, got rid of a load of scrap, £9 metal, £7 alloy wheel, and £10 to some lads at the car yard for the spare wheels.

7C1xQey.jpg

Then set about clocking the turbo.

TD25 - T2 - K14

FKerfq4.jpg

Vanes

HIugtYP.jpg

More vanes

CTqEcJC.jpg

All vanes move freely, all intact, had a small issue with the turning of the turbines, very rough and felt seized. WD40 down the oil drain and after an hour of soaking and moving it was all free again.

Intact compressor
S122Rgd.jpg

UcCxXkc.jpg

Also managed to make up an oil line which was amazing, and also found a spare manifold to use. Just need an adapter plate/new threads. Not got that far yet, but progress nonetheless!

• Like 1

FireFly

Yes mate it is I!

This looks like its progressing very quickly!

Road trip to yours - convert yours to 1.9, convert mine to BE3 gearbox and fit bosch.

Job done! :D

ginge191

So, havn't updated over here in a while.

So couldn't be arsed making a photo album of an engine change, so downloaded a quick stop motion app, here are the results with the obligatory "hi look at me in my engine bay" picture.

Fairly single handed this job, with the odd hour help from max, as well as spare engines, gearbox's and odds around the garage after s*it wouldn't budge!!! :dodgy:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

GZfKZRu.jpg

[video=youtube]

So as the car stands - the car is in, fuel and basic wiring to get it running - ran out of time yesterday, didn't get it turning over quite - a sat engine just didn't want to breathe :(

Will have another day tinkering soon to get this on the road, it's getting fuel etc, just a dry ass engine took a while to turn over - ended up killling the battery, so charging this up then back onto getting it living.

As usual - encountered numerous problems on the way, hence the engine coming out UNDER the car :doh: but nonetheless, new engine is in, on two mounts.

Just done - plumbing, bit of wiring, both drishafts (recond'), all engine mounts

left to do - suspension, new brakes, hubs and wheels to put on then on the road! :)

allye

cool videos mate! What was the problem taking it out the top?

ginge191

cool videos mate! What was the problem taking it out the top?

thanks mate; the O/S driveshaft was seized. The 2 X 11mm locking pins were out, then the lower mount bracket, then a big hammer; nothing.

So once the engine was out, a sledge hammer to it, took a good 10-15 swings before it budged. as it came out, diff spat everywhere. It had always been troublesome whilst driving it; whirring speedo, shaking car etc.

2 new driveshafts on anywho; well, 2 refurb'd shafts

dcc

hehe I had this problem with a 306 recently. I ended up tilting the engine and taking the box and shaft off while in situ.

ginge191

hehe I had this problem with a 306 recently. I ended up tilting the engine and taking the box and shaft off while in situ.

yeh this was plan B; but we managed to just drag it from underneath. Not the most dignified of exits, but still..

FireFly

yeh this was plan B; but we managed to just drag it from underneath. Not the most dignified of exits, but still..

Whats it matter. :)

Should be a beast now!

Even with just the Lucas & K14 on an extremely mild stage 1 I'm having plenty of fun!

ginge191

Thanks mate

11mm Bosch on a T2 for now, VNT should be on in the next month or so I hope.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow I can get this on the road!

Edited by ginge191
  • Like 1