• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt205

Fuel Line Solutions - Pipe To Hose

Matt205

I'm struggling to identify the best product to convert from the hard fuel pipe to a braided hose. Given the proximity to the manifold, I'm keen for a solution that minimises risk associated with any leak. I was very keen to use AN fittings and I have tried using both 8mm to AN6 and 3/8" to AN6 from Torques. The former is too small so the compression sleeve doesn't fit over the fuel pipe and the 3/8" is too large.

What have others done? Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or which product I'm best to use.

Edited by Matt205

welshpug

not surprised 8mm doesn't fit, the steel pipe is 7mm!

HERMAN

I have braised/silver soldiered an/6 fittings to my steel fuel lines and fuel rail and replaced the rubber hose with an-6 fuel hose.

I used steel version of these drilled out to the size of the pipe and just braised them on.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AN-6-AN6-AN-06-Flare-Hex-Head-Port-Plug-/150326682132?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23002b2214

All the hose parts can be got from Torques who are on this forum for a good discount.

I got the steel an-6 blanking plugs from Think Automotive.

I will see if I can sort some pics for.

Neil

• Like 1

HERMAN

DSCF2994.jpg

DSCF2996.jpg

Edited by HERMAN
  • Like 2

HERMAN

Cheers