• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bondyshambles

Radiator....but Which One And How Much ?

bondyshambles

Hi there...

I have a leak in my radiator. I own a 1.9 gti on a H plate 1990 Phase 1.5. I know i could get a second hand one but seems pointless so i am after a new one. I see that there seems to be loads of different ones from alluminium ones to standard ones to ones for turbo's etc. I have seen cheap new ones on e-bay for about £50. Are these ones any good or should i be spending more ? Does anyone know of a decent standard make one that will drop straight on mine ? What advantage do you get by using and alliminium one ?

I noticed that i was getting a large over run on my fan during the summer....sometimes up to 10 mins allthough the temperature gauge never went above half way. Is it worth changing the sensor too....but i dare say there will be 100 different varients.

Any links and info appreciated.

allye

For about £70 you'll get a decent Nissens ali item that will last for ages, even kept my GTI6 (just) cool enough! Also remember decent coolant too as cheap stuff just isn't worth it.

bondyshambles

Yeah... had a look on the bay for a Nissens one but can't seem to find one that covers my car typically...well not my year anyway.

Sign in to follow this