• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Mi16 With A Slight And Intermittent Hesitation On Light Throttle - Icv

Justin

Hi

I have done a search and realise that hesitations, misfiring etc has been covered loads and loads but wonder if anyone can help.

I have started using my 205 after 4 years away. Since it's been back on the road (Friday) I've done about 100 miles. It was idling very high (say 2500 - 3000) when cold but dropping to a healthy 950 when warm. On Sunday I cleaned all the breathers and the throttle body and made sure the cable was doing as it should. Still idled at 2500, but if I disconnect the ICV it idles at 950, which I guess would be as you expect - does a knackered ICV usually show as a higher than normal cold idle or do they usually just fail leaving you with no cold idle?

On my way home from work I unplugged the ICV, started the car and let it get warm enough to idle then drove home. However, I noticed a slight intermittent hesitation (that hadn't been there before) on a light throttle - every so often whilst cruising home the car would just miss a beat, but then clear and carry on fine, pulling strongly and fine up the rev range.

I will connect the ICV again before I drive to work and see if it still does it, but could it be masking something when connected?

Thanks,

Justin.

luggy

Hi

I have done a search and realise that hesitations, misfiring etc has been covered loads and loads but wonder if anyone can help.

I have started using my 205 after 4 years away. Since it's been back on the road (Friday) I've done about 100 miles. It was idling very high (say 2500 - 3000) when cold but dropping to a healthy 950 when warm.

Thanks,

Justin.

Had the same problem on mine, TPS was goosed. :)