• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Mi16Mick

205 Si Gearbox Ratios

205Mi16Mick

Hi All,

Does anybody know what ratios the 205 Si gearbox has? All I can find is that it has the same FD as the 1.9 GTi and that it has a low 1st. I am wondering if it is a similar gearbox to the 1.9 GTi because I'd rather use a BE3 box than a BE1 for my 4.43 gbox build for my mi16.

For those who don't know, the Si is a single point injected, xu5 engined, 205 which we have in Australia (not sure who else got them.) I think it is our equivalent of the XS.

Regards,

Michael

welshpug

I only remember ever seeing that engine attached to an auto box in a 5 door base model over here!

Is the sticker still present above the diff casing?

205Mi16Mick

I can't see a sticker. The SI is the base model over here. I guess we got them for emissions reasons.

James504

1st 3.45 2nd 1.85 3rd 1.28 4th 0.97 5th 0.76 FD 3.94. The Si is a great little 205, the xu5m is nice and tame for daily driving. Amazing fuel economy too!

205Mi16Mick

That's perfect, thanks. So it has similar ratios to the mi16 but a lower 1st and 3.94 FD. Which means it won't give you the same benefits as a 1.9L GTi box with a 4.43 FD. :(

Regards,

Michael

petert

It has that super low first gear, which is also fitted to the Mi16x4. Useful for tractor pulling, but nothing else.

James504
Useful for tractor pulling, but nothing else.

Funny you should say that, towing eye needed some repair afterwards :ph34r: .

• Like 1