• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Daviewonder

Turbo Diesel Issue Diagnosis Please.

Daviewonder

Hello all

I have a 1.9 Turbo Diesel which has suddenly developed an issue. It hesitated as I pulled into my parking space one night and I switched it off without thinking too much about it. The next morning I started the car without issue but the injector pump is now very loud. it also has no power, sometimes when you push the throttle pedal down the revs dont even raise. Other times the revs raise but there's lots of whiteish smoke and loud tapping from the pump.

Any ideas please as this is my daily and I'm new to diesels.

Cheers, Dave.

welshpug

what is it? could be a knackered pump.

Strictly_Derv

s*itroen Synergie, people carrier, XUD9 TE, Bosch powered but semi-ECU controlled if I remember correctly.

Sounds like it may have jumped out of time, check the timings correct on the pump pulley first. If not like Welshpug says, the pump could be f***ed.

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Daviewonder

Hope it's not a knackered pump :(

It was fine and it happened very suddenly, does the pump slip out of time much on these engines?

Strictly_Derv

Not usually but from your description it does seem like it or the pumps buggered. You can pick up another pumper for under £50 and give it a cheeky tune whilst it's off :ph34r:

Daviewonder

Really? I thought the bosch ones went for a lot more?

Strictly_Derv

No, for the pump on it's own they go for around that on 306OC. Have you checked it's not getting air in the fuel? Does it miss fire at all?

Daviewonder

doesn't seem to missfire, primer is nice and firm.

RossD

First thing to check on this would be the lift sensor on Number 4 (iirc) injector. This gives feedback to the ECU and pump in regards injection timing - When these go (or become disconnected) you get the symptoms you have described.

PS - Topic back from dead!

Edited by RossD

pug_ham

If it has the small filter in a bowl on the head, whedn did it last get changed?

I changed the pump on my old STDT when it started to struggle on hills & feel under powered suspecting the pump was dead but in the end it was the filer than needed changing. :blush:

They have a short service life compared to the bigger filters iirc.

g