• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fliprio

Longmans Touring Car Inlet Manifold

fliprio

Hi all, does anyone know if Longmans made a touring car manifold from the standard GTI-6 inlet manifold rather than the ITB manifold that you normaly see for sale?

Done a quick search, but nothing seemed to come up apart from ITB manifolds.

welshpug

I don't know if Longmans did, but Colin Satchel has.

Miles

Longmans might have done the odd one but never for re-sale, the std one is the Longman/Jenvey item which is OK and thats it, Or do you mean the ones I have on my FB page which Colin does?

Anthony

Or are you talking the "BTCC inlet manifolds" (plenum with single throttle) that apparently everyone has on the 306 forum?

GTI6BOY

Anthony is right

He's talking about the touring car standard manifolds that came on the £12000 gti6 touring cars from longmans

Not the throttle body manifolds they had designed

It's me selling it on pistonheads

Edited by GTI6BOY

fliprio

Anthony is right

He's talking about the touring car standard manifolds that came on the £12000 gti6 touring cars from longmans

Not the throttle body manifolds they had designed

It's me selling it on pistonheads

that will be the one :-)

Just doing a bit of homework about it

As Antony said there are lots of people that have done this themselves by opening up the manifold and removing the trumpets, just interested in what Longmans did to it.

welshpug

ohhh those, better off retaining the standard inlet unless you are running a high spec engine and have to stay single throttle body.

I do remember someone on the 306 forum trying one out and reporting that they lost a fair bit of midrange with minimal top end gains.

GTI6BOY

Everybody on the 306 forum that have tried this have put them on standard management and have lost power

Ours on on an aftermarket ecu and runs constant 13.51 sqm at Santa pod, I have videos to and slips to back up my claim

brumster

I remember 'mapping' (bit generous a term; let's say 'tweaking') a rally with a gti6 in it, it had one of these on - it certainly went well enough but it was on EFI management. Took a call to Richard and a bit of fiddling to get it to idle nice, but I wouldn't say it had flat spots or anything. On standard management I'm sure it would be a different story, granted.

GTI6BOY

This is the same car buddy, you mapped it for my pal. It's proper rapid now :)

To put it into perspective I won USC 2008 on throttle bodies with a 13.59, so it's quicker than bodies with the look of a standard engine

Dan, I'm more than welcome to take you for a spin if you are interested

brumster

Iain's car? Ah, cool :) yes it was a lovely motor, I was very impressed with it.

Dartford might be a bit of a way for "a spin" out ;) but if I'm that way I'll look you up!

GTI6BOY

Sorry I was referring to fliprio

He was looking to buy the inlet and management off me

fliprio

cheers for all the info guys

I take it swapping the complete inlet and management will require it to be remapped on a new engine even if they are both bulk standard GTi-6 lumps?

cybernck

What sort of power are you aiming at?

fliprio

What sort of power are you aiming at?

im not after mega power, I currently have twin 45 carbs and the touque is down in the mid range compared to the standard injection and the top end is roughly the same at 170 BHP, so im looking for something that gives some better driveability and a few more BHP but at a budget, from what I have seen, throttle boddies give you ~180+ BHP

The Longmans inlet and EFI ECU seemed like a nice plug and play way of doing it, I was just wondering how much ECU maps need to be tweaked between standard engines If I were to literaly bolt it on.

welshpug

Get in touch with miles, he can supply and fit a decent inlet made by colin satchell and an ecu mapped which will be around 185bhp/160 lbft ish.

fliprio

Get in touch with miles, he can supply and fit a decent inlet made by colin satchell and an ecu mapped which will be around 185bhp/160 lbft ish.

I suspect that is beyond my budget tbh, but no harm in asking

Sandy

Beware the difficulties with getting the EFIs set up. It's not a widely used system, the comms cables are very expensive and there aren't many mappers that genuinely know their way around it. I've seen some truly awful EFI maps!

Miles

EFI are only in Ringwood, Keep meaning to drive past them as I think it's out of a house almost from the map. But as said not many people know anything about them compared with Omex, Motec, DTA etc

Matts205gti-6

I've had a custom one made which has longer exhaust manifold e.g. 4 individual inch pipes tunning from the back of the engine to nearly 3-4 of the underneath of the car then put in to a 3 half inch pipe to give me more low down torque in the rev range tater than all up the top but still topping out @ 9350 sorry I'm not up with technical terms but I've done a 12.4 quarter and won USC 2011 and have videos and slips to prove it.

GTI6BOY

That's exhaust manifold?

Were talking inlet manifolds

Matts205gti-6

Just read it again that made me look stupid lol