• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Anyone Know Of This Dimma 205

welshpug

has the right badge on the back, though that's fairly easy to find off other cars, you7'll only find that out by going toview it.

the Dimma kit appears to be genuine but has been messed with a little, removed indicators where there's no need to (there's two types of morette lamp) and smoothed the bumpers onto the wings and 1/4, ripe for cracking and spoliling the paint.

wrong rear lights for age too, wheels look good.

looking at the list that Rob Cottrell has (PSCUK Glos group leader) it may have originally been F855 BPY, that's the only TT Dimma in blue on the list, there's only 7 TT's on the list from 32 known.

Edited by welshpug

Leet205

Bumpers smoothed into the archs - just dosnt look right imo

1 FAT PUG

if you look at the pic with the back wheel you can just make out the filler cracking i think :(

Henry Yorke

looking at the list that Rob Cottrell has (PSCUK Glos group leader) it may have originally been F855 BPY, that's the only TT Dimma in blue on the list, there's only 7 TT's on the list from 32 known.

I'm 100% sure it is not F855 BPY as I know where that car is.

There were quite a few miami Dimmas over the years and a popular colour to repaint into. That has some good authentic TT Dimma signs like the bonnet vents and the front bumper cut, but is missing some like the 3 piece rear spoiler and the slatted rear panel. The mirrors are a later edition too.

If you are keen, ask what the original reg was and also what colour it was before Miami (as it was repainted in 2006). Or you could ask Colin at Pug Performance as he has apparently done some work on it according to the advert.

Thought I seem to recognise this car for some reason but I don't have anything on file for it.

Anthony

There's certainly at least one more Blue TT Dimma (although I don't know if it was blue originally) as my friend 16v205 on here owns it, having bought it off a member on here from somewhere in South Wales last summer. It's currently on a Northern Irish type plate beginning something like NIW.

1 FAT PUG

wasnt there a blue tt dimma from nottingham.?? think it was someone called mark .?

Henry Yorke

There's certainly at least one more Blue TT Dimma (although I don't know if it was blue originally) as my friend 16v205 on here owns it, having bought it off a member on here from somewhere in South Wales last summer. It's currently on a Northern Irish type plate beginning something like NIW.

NIW 3664 and it was Turquoise!

post-3457-0-96510100-1349017919.jpgpost-3457-0-01942300-1349017921.jpg

This is what makes Dimma history so hard to track as plates, engines and colours often change!

Simes

A mate of mine had a J reg Dimma in miami blue.....standard 1.9.....back in 1994!

Matt Holley

I saw that dimma a few days back when I was driving home after work, it's smokes alot from what I am guessing was cold, it looked great though.

Matt Holley

I'm 100% sure it is not F855 BPY as I know where that car is.

There were quite a few miami Dimmas over the years and a popular colour to repaint into. That has some good authentic TT Dimma signs like the bonnet vents and the front bumper cut, but is missing some like the 3 piece rear spoiler and the slatted rear panel. The mirrors are a later edition too.

If you are keen, ask what the original reg was and also what colour it was before Miami (as it was repainted in 2006). Or you could ask Colin at Pug Performance as he has apparently done some work on it according to the advert.

Thought I seem to recognise this car for some reason but I don't have anything on file for it.

If F855 BPY is the one I am thinking of doesn't it have cream leather in it? I used to see it at Castle Combe on the action days when the last owner had it.

16v205

NIW 3664 and it was Turquoise!

post-3457-0-96510100-1349017919.jpgpost-3457-0-01942300-1349017921.jpg

This is what makes Dimma history so hard to track as plates, engines and colours often change!

Thats my car :) It doesnt look like that at the moment though, its now sat inside a container ready to be pulled to bits end of november. Keep me out of mischief over christmas.

Henry - Have you any more information about this car? I got a load of paperwork with it but was wondering if you knew any of its past history. Ive never seen pictures of it before other than the ones on the drivers website.

Cheers

Rich

gerry

Here is my old miami blue one

Picturegerrys478.jpg

HPIM0040.jpg

and re wireing the ph 2 lights in :)

HPIM0039.jpg

gerry

The leather picture is out of the steel grey, as I put that leather into the dimma but cant find a picture of it in the dimma.

Edit.... Just realised it has no sunroof were as mine has :( Although he could of blanked it in......

Edited by gerry

Juttie205

The more i see these dimmas really tempted to buy a shell and get a dimma kit from st

gerry

As another check see if the 2007/2008 mot was done in chorley/wigan area...

Carbs4me

A friend of mine just tagged me in this, I live in chorley wigan area but never seen that before.

398362_10151433204204838_834144053_n.jpg

Is this anyone off the forum?

• Like 4

Juttie205

Someone want to sell me a dimma got to have one

Juttie205

Anyone local to it want to have a look over for me

allye

The dimma in the original post has had some sort of run in with fire! :(

I drove past it today and everything from the rear quarter windows back is completely burnt out :o

AlexRS2782
The dimma in the original post has had some sort of run in with fire! :(

I drove past it today and everything from the rear quarter windows back is completely burnt out :o

Never something you like to hear :(

Juttie205

Not gd to hear might be why he didnt get back to me with more pics

allye

Turns out it was arson :blink: they also put gas canisters under it. Police are investigating!

205horror.jpg