• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bazil_205gti

Gear Linkage Lenghs?

bazil_205gti

Hi there i have changed the clutch on my mi16 engined 205

for some reason im finding that if i go to put it into any gear to quickly after putting the clutch in it groinches a little bit the clutch feels fine no slipping and the biteing point is quite high but this can still be ajusted.

im not sure if my gear linkages are set right there ajustable but dont know what lenghs they should be?

has anyone had this problem befor and does anyone have the lenghs that the linkages should be?

thanks

Matt

welshpug

Linkages wont cause crunching sybchros, poor oil choice or worn synchros or weak springs, or badly adjusted clutch can. (though should not be the clutch with a high bite point)

bazil_205gti

Hi Welshpug

thanks for the reply, the gaer box has been sitting for quite some time on and off the car, if its the syncros is it not strange it does it in every gear? what oil would you recommend? and would it be worth trying a better oil and see if this helps befor having to take the gearbox all off?

welshpug

Standard Total 75w80 BV oil, available from all Pug+Citroen dealers pretty cheaply.

I believe Esso and Shell have supplied the o.e type oil in the past.

Sign in to follow this