• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lowercase

Vehicle Specific Bucket Seat Mounting Frames

Lowercase

hi guys,

still not got around to fitting my buckets into my rallye as ive been lazy sourcing metal and titting about making the frames.

ive seen some frames for 306s which look like an ideal option that id be willing to pay the price for to save myself a load of bother.

just wondering if anyone has any 205 ones and more specifically, any photos of them as id like to buy some that ive actually seen so i know the design will get my seat low enough. - ive modified my side mounts too to get me a bit lower.

cheers guys

Baz

It depends on a few things; the seats, the mounts and how you're trying to mount them.

306's have quite different seat mounts to 205's too.

johnnyboy666

306 seats have one side of the mount horizontal and one vertical if that makes sense

Lowercase

these are the sparco offerings for the 306. they look like the kind of thing im after, something rigid that can bolt down to the origional mounting points and that i can bolt side mount bucket seat to without it making the driving position super high.

20120831_113930_zps55ff850d.jpg

this is the omp version for the 205. it looks like it only has a bit that goes across the back? in which case my seats are too narrow to use both the front mounting points.

http://www.ybracing.co.uk/page1.php?sitepage=4&area4=&subarea=241&part=653

Baz

Can you not bolt the side mounts straight to the floor? This will depend on the width of the seat itself of course. Seat mounting is the Achilles heal of 205's although having said that, easier than some! You really need properly mounted seat-bars.

It kinda goes without saying too, but please check the condition of the floor/mounts before considering using them, they're weak at best and prone to breaking.

Edited by Baz

Lowercase

yea the route i have been going so far has been to bolt the side mounts directly to the floor mounts. i have been using the mounts closest to the door, to make sure i have room to use the handbrake.

the seat is far too narrow to mount the other side to the original points though, so id started welding a tab to the outer side to reach the points, but it looks like arse and it doesnt give me piece of mind.

id do the weld in seat bars route but the cross member is in the way of where id need my seat. and i dont want to cut it out incase i ever want to fix normal seats back in again.

the mounting points look ok though, no cracks in the metal around them.

i could make up some mounts like the 306 ones in the picture above, would work ok? but as i say, id rather buy some and save my self a crap load of trouble.

Edited by DaSneakyGit

S@m

This may be irrelevant and of little use - but 5 door 306's do not have the side mounts, the seats just bolt to the floor like a 205. So, in theory, frames designed for a 5dr might be less work (if you can find them).

Sam

Lowercase

well just a square universal frame would do the job if it was big enough to cover the mounting points and for the side mounts to sit on, and i can just drill my own holes. but theres rubbish information on all these sites

Leon

These are 205 ones, made by Sparco. I had them bolted to the original mounting points.

Basemount.jpg

Basemount2.jpg

Baz

That's a base mounted seat.

Lowercase

surely the base of the side mounts just bolts down near enough the same place?

Baz

Yep but it'll be higher, they already look quite high to me.

Leon

That's a base mounted seat.

So is the 306 one the OP showed a picture of earlier, I was just showing him what the 205 version looked like in comparison.

Lowercase

yea, dont worry too much about the height i dont think, i chopped down my side mounts and drilled new holes in them to make the seat lower.

this was done on the premis of bolting them down to the origional points, so it should still sit at the right height.

what set up have you got in yours Baz?

Baz

Pedantic but i see a seat mounting frame, not a seat! :P

I have seat bars in most of mine, but the ones that don't I have selected seats that can be mounted well on the standard mounts because I can't stand badly mounted/upright/too high buckets. Sparco revs for example in standard width are perfect and will drop low enough on standard side mounts. :)

Lowercase

got a pic of where you welded the bars on a 205?

Lowercase

thread bump, any more pics of people fitting bars etc?

allye

I've been sitting back from this thread, heres my way if you're interested!

£10 worth of 30mmx6mm steel, decent bolts, washers and nylocs and a lick of paint and job was a goodun;

IMG_20120217_144622.jpg

IMG_20120222_140855.jpg

Obviously bolted in place, sat much lower than standard seats as well which was nice!

• Like 1

dave richards

£10 worth of 30mmx6mm steel, decent bolts, washers and nylocs and a lick of paint and job was a goodun;

IMG_20120217_144622.jpg

IMG_20120222_140855.jpg

Obviously bolted in place, sat much lower than standard seats as well which was nice!

IMG_20120217_144622.jpg

IMG_20120222_140855.jpg

i made mine in pretty much the same manor but from 40x6 as i had a bit in the shed made mine to fit on the standard subframes as well as the tilt and slide mechanism

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

allye

Tidy! Would be too high for me though at 6'5'!

Miles

Bucket seats and std mounts don;t work for me, It defeats the object of fitting them as they are pretty weak and most have stress cracks in the odd point

I'd say this is a min

DSC00133-Copy-1.jpg

• Like 1