• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ozy

Bronze Linkage Bush Kit

ozy

Hi, another question, I have an unused Baker bronze L-linkage kit does this fit all 205 peugeots?

Looking at the existing one it looks to be a little shorter.

Thank you .

ozy.

It is the type advertised on this website, top right hand corner.

welshpug

bushes are the same for MA and BE, so I would imagine it would fit.

JRL

should be the same, I fitted one on my gti the tolerances were very tight I used a vice to press the sleeve in but wow what a difference it made really made it feel a lot tighter the plastic bushes were pretty much non existent.

If for any reason it doesnt fit il buy the bronze bushes off you, I can use them for the base of the gear stick, Theres original plastic bushes on ebay for only a few quid. Even new plastic ones will feel a lot better.

ozy

Hi JRL, I have just checked out the bush kit and I do not think it will fit.

I bought it for a R/Garros I had but never fitted it, if you would like to see a picture of to make sure it is what you want, it is on Gummtree Newcastle NortHeast. I also have a set of 13" alloys for sale on that site.

Any questions please ask.

Cheers.

ozy

S@m

Can you post the pic here? I'm sure plenty would be interested. myself included. :)

Sam

ozy

Hi Sam, thank you for the reply I am not to good on the computer but I will try and work out how to send picture.

Cheers.

ozy

ozy

Hi JRL, that is the part, and a good picture of where it fits, it looks a little different to mine that why it does not fit.Your linkage is much closer to the cross member.

I think I mentioned that I bought it from Baker bushs.

All the best.

ozy

welshpug

I still dont understand why it doesnt fit, it uses the same plastic top hat bushes whether it is a BE or an MA, yes the L shaped quadrant is different for MA and BE.

ozy

Hi Welshpug, the bolt that holds the L shaped linkage is around 3 1/2 long, below and attached to the linkage is a spacer that is why the bolt is so long, say the spacer was not there the linkage would be lower and the rod from the gear lever would hit the cross member.

I hope this makes some sort of sense, I would like to thank you for your interest and help on this.

ozy.

PS. I hope I am not missing something here.

johnnyboy666

I cant rememebr off hand, but cant you leave the spacer on when you reassemble? or replace it with something suitable?