• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lemmingzappa

H&h Ignition Solutions

lemmingzappa

Has anyone had any experience with H&H's distributor refurbishment service and would you recommend them?

Any idea on prices?

lemmingzappa

Just been quoted £105 inc VAT & return postage for a full rebuild.

Anthony

Is that a true "full" rebuild and does it include the vac advance? If so, that's not too bad at all when you consider that most distributors these days are pretty tired and the vac advance is something like £40 on its own through a Bosch agent.

That engine you've got would likely benefit from a slightly different advance curve too given the higher compression, which I'm sure H&H could do for no/minimal extra cost.

grandos

I managed to source a 1.9 vac advance unit through camberley auto factors (Bosch item) for around £20 approx. 1 year ago, if it's any help Anthony.

DamirGTI

Had good service from them ... i needed just recurving job , and they made it spot on .

Price was around 20-25 quid with the VAT and postage included ...

... just one thing which was driving me nuts - they simply don't reply on an email request , so you really need to contact them via phone .

Damir B)

Matteo

Just paid 55 quid for a recurving job + postage back to Italy.

lemmingzappa

Is that a true "full" rebuild and does it include the vac advance? If so, that's not too bad at all when you consider that most distributors these days are pretty tired and the vac advance is something like £40 on its own through a Bosch agent.

Just spoke to them again as i'll be sending my dizzy off soon, it includes a full rebuild of the dizzy, re-curve to suit engine, and vacuum advance.

MrG

I had mine done by H&H, came back quick enough but for some reason we can't get it to work correctly with my engine spec. But as it was over 2 years ago since they did it (been working a lot!) I can't very well send it back.

Annoying thing was, mines a phase 1, when it came back, it was like a later phase model and well basically didn't work or power up as it should. I was expecting a plug and play type of thing but had to in the end have it sorted by Carl in Suffolk. Additional expense that I didn't really need. But I'm going over to a distributor less system early next year so the H&H item will be redundant.

Good service though, it was away fro about 2 weeks total.

lemmingzappa

I've been told I should have the dizzy back by the end of the week so will let you know how it goes.

lemmingzappa

img9726w.jpg

img9807j.jpg

Fitted today and it seems fairly spot on without spending too much time on it. Doesn't feel too bad low down either considering there isn't a vacuum advance on there yet, is it worth it for the fuel consumption alone?

Anthony

Yes. Fitting a working vacuum advance improved mine by about 4-5mpg

I take it that the vacuum advance wasn't included in the price after all then?

lemmingzappa

It was included in the price, but the packer forgot to include it in the package. So i'm waiting for one to be sent to me, I assume only a 1.6 capsule will fit a 1.6 dizzy body due to the length of it?

welshpug

1.9 will fit, but the arm is a different length IIRC, might have a different stroke length.

lemmingzappa

Argh, well it turns out they do some sort of minor welding inside the dizzy if a vacuum isn't used. So now I have to return the dizzy if I want the vacuum fitting as I won't be able to do it at home.

Grrr.

lemmingzappa

All sorted now, H&H sorted me out with a new vacuum advance for no extra charge. Working well!