• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ozy

Getting More Bhp

ozy

Hi some years back I had a 1400cc Roland Garros H reg. it was a great car and I am sure it put out 85 brake. Now I have a 1994 1400cc sceptre putting out 75 brake. my question is how the R/G. had more power in an older car and what would I have to do to get the 85brake?.

Look forward to your thoughts on this.

ozy.

johnnyboy666

rg has the tu3s engine which had the solex 32/34 z2 carb and I think a slightly more power orientated cam. also had an alloy block so nice and light.

emmision regulations were probably to blame for the drop in power with the adition of a cat, and I assume single point injection.

you might be best off just dropping a tu3s straight in, as then you wouldnt need the cat for the mot as the engine is older than the car. I'll have one for sale within the next few weeks as mines getting swapped for a tu5

ozy

Hi John, thank you for the reply, I was taking to some one yesterday on the Lindisfarne rally yesterday. And as you say the cam the carb and also the head is different, I think fitting an engine would be to much for me, so I may go down the head and cam route over the winter months

Thank you once more.

ozy

allye

If you can change a cam and carb changing the engine will be easy enough for you!

MiniGibbo

I thought mot's where done on the chassis age not the engine age..?

trogboy

If you can change a cam and carb changing the engine will be easy enough for you!

Yep - what he says ^. Changing the cam is a head off job as you need to take off the rockers which are held on by the head bolts.

As long as you've got a way of lifting the engine then it's simple enough to change it. Still simple but a bit more involved is dropping the engine out through the bottom of the bay and lifting the car over it.

Adam

johnnyboy666

I thought mot's where done on the chassis age not the engine age..?

I think its done on the older of the two, how they would go about proving it though, I'm not sure

S@m

I think its done on the older of the two, how they would go about proving it though, I'm not sure

The onus is on the owner of the vehicle to prove it. And it definetly is on the older of the two - i had a '97 306 with '88 mi16 engine for years and it was tested on the engine age. Luckily the testers i used knew the peugeot scene so knew a d6c was '88 - plus there are date stamps on every damn part!

Be sure to explain all this before the test though - otherwise you probably will fail. I used to remember which page it was in the MOT manual aswell - so i could refer to it.

Edited by Sam306

ozy

Hi guys, can anyone help with this? I would like to advertise a bronze bush kit and to be honest I am not the best with the copmuter.

Am I allowed to advertise or do you have to be a long term forum member.

Thank you for any help.

ozy.

Tesstuff

Click 'Rules and Guidelines' top right of your screen.

• Like 1

ozy

Thanks Daz, love the Vulcan it flew low over Newcastle Saturday what a sight. If interested we had 3 V C10 go over as well two or three weeks back

ozy.

trogboy

That's Concorde isn't it?

Tesstuff

That's Concorde isn't it?

Yes it is :)

ozy

Sorry guys should have went to spec savers.

ozy.