• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fliprio

Magnum Motorsport

fliprio

Does anyone know if magnum motorsport are still going?

I’m sure they used to have a site, just my luck that I contemplate buying their fibreglass bonnet with front bulge and their site has disappeared :-(

Thanks

Batfink

their number is listed as 01744 612 361

welshpug

fit a decent inlet manifold :D

fliprio

their number is listed as 01744 612 361

thanks, for some reason when I looked it kept coming up with another magnum motorsport dealing with superbikes

fliprio

fit a decent inlet manifold :D

I know, it’s me being lazy, I did check the angle of the manifold I have and it was incredibly close to a Jenvey manifold I nearly bought, so it might be down to the engine angle - the engine was installed by Shenpar, so I would assume it was done properly and should be at the right angle.

If only a set of Throttle bodies and manifold weren’t so expensive, I would just ditch the carbs

welshpug

they aren't that expensive, think of the extra torque and MPG!

B1ack_Mi16

I know, it’s me being lazy, I did check the angle of the manifold I have and it was incredibly close to a Jenvey manifold I nearly bought, so it might be down to the engine angle - the engine was installed by Shenpar, so I would assume it was done properly and should be at the right angle.

If only a set of Throttle bodies and manifold weren’t so expensive, I would just ditch the carbs

I'm using the Jenvey manifold with Jenvey TB's and no way I will get the throttlebodies under a regular bonnet.

Baz

You've either got a tilted engine then or a bloody long inlet length, never had a problem with Jenvey inlets, even on a tilted Mi on carbs.

You could have the inlet face/flange shaved down at a slight angle.

Bodies themselves aren't expensive really, it's the rest of the kit that adds up. You could use the existing manifold you have, presuming it's a std DCOE-mounting pattern.

fliprio
You've either got a tilted engine then or a bloody long inlet length, never had a problem with Jenvey inlets, even on a tilted Mi on carbs. You could have the inlet face/flange shaved down at a slight angle.

It was an option to reface the inlet manifold, the spot face for the bolt head would also need to change by the same angle so it would bolt up flat, but I thought the carbs would need a bit of a retune as the angle of the floats would change.

Bodies themselves aren't expensive really, it's the rest of the kit that adds up. You could use the existing manifold you have, presuming it's a std DCOE-mounting pattern.
Yep, I had even thought about running a set of blackbird throttle bodies on a home made manifold, but even with that, by the time you have a decent ECU and mapping , its still 1k+.

Batfink

The bonnet does look good though with the scoop. Very similar if not the same shape as the carbon one on the Constella car.

lynmorgan

I have a magnum bonnet with the bulge and it does look pretty awsome and allows for bigger trumpets and filter... although a colin satchell inlet angled flater would be better

• Like 1

Batfink

Did you get a bonnet in the end? Are they open after all?

fliprio

Not yet, I have been busy trying to track down the bits for the rear end since someone rear ended me at the traffic lights, its on the to do list

B1ack_Mi16

You've either got a tilted engine then or a bloody long inlet length, never had a problem with Jenvey inlets, even on a tilted Mi on carbs.

Didn't think I had very long trumpets, 90mm but that's quite normal ain't it. I did make the back plate a bit taller to gain some trumpet to filter clearance. I suppose if the back-plate were off-set a bit downwards (not having the trumpets in the center vertically it could be improved further).

Maybe my Jenvey inlet manifold is a old style and different to the ones used today?

CIMG1101.jpg

CIMG1111.jpg

B1ack_Mi16

And bonnet...

CIMG0236.jpg

• Like 1

welshpug

Iron block, 11mm taller, TB bodies, 118mm long over TH's which are 91mm long, but afaik most use the TB as they are cheaper.

fliprio

And bonnet...

CIMG0236.jpg

Nice colour, is the very front raised up slightly or is it just the angle of the photo making a gap between bonnet lip and grill?

B1ack_Mi16

It is a larger gap than with the orginal bonnet afaik. It's held down on the sides, and will deform slightly in the middle also, as it is quite flimsy.

fliprio

Did you get a bonnet in the end? Are they open after all?

I finaly got around to calling them, no answer on that number, tried a few times on different days and finaly left a message but no one has called back.

The guy had emailed me a few years back, but the email now fails to deliver to that address

brumster

I didn't have great experience with Magnum to be honest. Communications was not their strong point but I wasn't in a major rush, so I beared with them. On the initial call they suggested it would be 2 weeks for my carbon-effect footwell liners and tank guard to turn up. It took a lot of chasing, and from memory it was more like 6 or 9 weeks (certainly more than 2) before the items eventually turned up.

The footwell liners were, quite frankly, s*ite. I don't know what 205 they took the mouldings off but they were not remotely the same shape as the footwells of my 205! I ended up shaving so much off them, I wish I hadn't bothered. The co-drivers footrest got dumped in the end and I just went for an aluminium one. Waste of time and money.

Edited by brumster

pip470

Can report my bad experience too, they promised a delivery date but took forever to come through. It all started to get quite rude in the end. And the doors are a joke. I think i could get a wheely bin lid to fit better. The boot i got from them however was good and i am happy with that. Steer clear, But im not sure of any other suppliers which is why im on camerons list for some more doors.

fliprio

Can report my bad experience too, they promised a delivery date but took forever to come through. It all started to get quite rude in the end. And the doors are a joke. I think i could get a wheely bin lid to fit better. The boot i got from them however was good and i am happy with that. Steer clear, But im not sure of any other suppliers which is why im on camerons list for some more doors.

I didn't have great experience with Magnum to be honest. Communications was not their strong point but I wasn't in a major rush, so I beared with them. On the initial call they suggested it would be 2 weeks for my carbon-effect footwell liners and tank guard to turn up. It took a lot of chasing, and from memory it was more like 6 or 9 weeks (certainly more than 2) before the items eventually turned up

The footwell liners were, quite frankly, s*ite. I don't know what 205 they took the mouldings off but they were not remotely the same shape as the footwells of my 205! I ended up shaving so much off them, I wish I hadn't bothered. The co-drivers footrest got dumped in the end and I just went for an aluminium one. Waste of time and money.

Thanks for the feedback guys - I hate companies that mess people around after taking their cash, seems like there are loads around these days. maybe they are still trading but are rubbish at actualy answering the phone!

It was the only supplier who did this type of bonnet, I might have to go down the more difficult route of getting the inlet manifold modified to drop the carbs down so a standard bonnet will fit.

fliprio

well it seems they are still going, someone eventualy called me today, was a bit sketchy about how long it would take to make a bonnet, so didnt order one, a few other horror stories scattered around on the net about them as well.

I did however get an email back from these guys http://ramsport.com/ they do a humped bonnet, trying to get some pictures from them.

Chris H

Ramsport supply the stuff that is made bt magnum but maybe by going through them you have more chance of actually seeing your parts before the car becomes clasified as a vintage car!

fliprio

Ramsport supply the stuff that is made bt magnum but maybe by going through them you have more chance of actually seeing your parts before the car becomes clasified as a vintage car!

thats interesting, they were stuggling to find a picture, it might be because its the magnum bonnet. As you say, maybe more chance of actualy getting it through ramsport and actualy placing a proper order on a website rather than just handing over credit card details to Magnum over the phone.

Im into classic minis as well, seems a few people had some 'issues' with magnum