• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jake_GTI

Will An Out Of Date Photo On My Liscence Affect An Insurance Claim?

Jake_GTI

my photo on my driving liscence is out of date, the paper part says it's valid until the 29/10/54, i have a new photo card on the way but i am in the process of an insurance claim, will the out of date photo affect my claim in any way as the insurance company want a hoto copy of my liscence??

SurGie

Have you asked DVLA themslves, that would be my first port of call?

welshpug

I very much doubt it.

1 FAT PUG

I very much doubt it.

technicaly your licence has expired, i know someone who got done for it

Edited by 1 FAT PUG

Jake_GTI

i have been looking around a lot for this and apparently *technically* my liscence hasn't expired, just the photo, if my liscence had expired i would have to resit my test etc... you can be fined £1000 for not renewing it in extreme circumstances yes

i am wondering if the out of date photo will affect my claim? have contacted the dvla so waiting to see what they say!

Edited by Jake_GTI

1 FAT PUG

just been looking and its upto £1000 fine, sure i got told he got done for no licence, mind you he probly dint have 1 haha

sensualt101

unless your licence had been suspended by the dvla and you were driving at the time of the accident/incident with no licence in force i doubt there will be an issue as it is simply a case of the dvla updating your licence photo and during that time i know of no rule which says you are no longer licenced to drive in the meantime.

flipperthebushkangaroo

Send off the licence now and tell the insurance company it is being updated, backdate the application and it must have got lost in the post. all the info they need is on the counterpart bit anyway.

stufarri

I'd say this will make no difference as the Licence is still valid without this picture. Just await the new one and send that off as suggested.