• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PhilNW

Starter Motors

PhilNW

Starter motor in 1.9 gti road rally 205 is playing up sometimes a click sometimes turns over

I think its what they call the "old style" big alternator with the support bracket onto the block

Having been to Euro Car Parts they have a few to pick from some are the more recent slimline type and the older one I have

I have a concern that the more slimline type (which do not appear to have the fixings for the support bracket) will be upto the rigours of road rallying, Anyone had an experience/problems with the slimline ones?

Are the RDX make that ECP sell OK, never heard of them before

Phil

Miles

Slim one's have been fine on all the Race/Rally car's I've done and are allot more reliable, Never come across RDX, I tend to stick to Valeo replacements

PhilNW

Sorry meant RTX not RDX

dcc

I have had a brand new RDX faulty out of the box. Caused all sorts of issues when building a GTI6 for a friend locally! fitted a valeo after re wiring everything AGAIN and it worked like a charm.

look for a 2nd hand valeo if you cant find a new one.

Sign in to follow this