• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NickMi16

New (to Me) 405 Mi16

NickMi16

I don't have huge plans in terms of modifications...just some coilovers and wider wheels I think to modernize the handling...the stock stuff is pretty good for how old the car is I must say.

I am a bit of an at home mechanic but I can tell already this car is going to be challenging!

2aifuqq.jpg

Edited by NickMi16

2anda1/4
I don't have huge plans in terms of modifications...just some coilovers and wider wheels I think to modernize the handling...the stock stuff is pretty good for how old the car is I must say.

I am a bit of an at home mechanic but I can tell already this car is going to be challenging!

2aifuqq.jpg

In many ways it looks so different from the European ones - good luck with it

petert1345402284

Tell us more. What year? Could you please check the part number on the ECU? I have a part listing for California model but didn't believe it could be so specific.

I wouldn't put coil overs on it if a street car. Your mission should be to replace the wishbone bushes and shock rubbers. Fit some Bilsteins.

Edited by petert

NickMi16
Tell us more. What year? Could you please check the part number on the ECU? I have a part listing for California model but didn't believe it could be so specific.

I wouldn't put coil overs on it if a street car. Your mission should be to replace the wishbone bushes and shock rubbers. Fit some Bilsteins.

I have had bilsteins on my other cars...great for handling, s*itty for ride quality...I was looking at the FK automotive koni based setups for 306...I prefer to be able to adjust the ride firmness and height. Before doing anything like that of course I will change out all the bushings and such...right now looking for a good place to get suspension components on this side of the pond.

The car is a 1991 model, they only sold 405s here in the US 89-91; and the reason for the California specific ecu is that emissions are stricter here than any other state.

Borntobewild

I would suggest getting a European bumpers and skirts, this just doesnt doe a mi16 justice...

christopher
I would suggest getting a European bumpers and skirts, this just doesnt doe a mi16 justice...

The regulations are different over there. 5mph crash test, side reflectors..

NickMi16

I couldn't agree more...know anyone selling a full set of bumpers, skirting, and trim as a kit?

I have a friend in Belgium and a friend in Germany who could pick up the bumpers/skirts and ship them here...

Borntobewild

The regulations are different over there. 5mph crash test, side reflectors..

I know but people customize there care there right?

And i never see huge bumpers and side reflectors on them