• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rodionski

Rubber Flap Baffle Door. Available Soon.

rodionski

I am going to look into producing rubber flap baffle doors for dealing with oil surge problems.

These will be millions times easier to install into sump baffle systems than fiddling with hinges and metal trap doors, and are used widely in Peugeot Sport, Cosworth, BMW M3 sump baffles, etc.

I will also make sure that they cost much less than those available as BMW spares or Peugeot Sport items.

Please vote if there's any interest.

Cosworth%20Baffle%20Flap.jpg

rodionski

The same goes for gaskets for under the spark plugs and head cover bolts, as well as the valve cover gasket.

These are either unavailable for order in Ukraine or ridiculously expensive.

petert1345402284

Great idea. Those little doors and hinges are very time consuming!

rodionski

Glad you like it, Peter!

Again, i think that these should really be dirt cheap.

calvinhorse

im sure you've research what rubber to use, most rubber will go rock solid at the site of hot oil.

KRISKARRERA
The same goes for gaskets for under the spark plugs and head cover bolts, as well as the valve cover gasket.

Now that interests me. There was a group buy for those Mi16 spark plug hole oil seals on the 205 forum but nothing came of it.

rodionski

The original Peugeot Sport trap door was just delivered. So now the factory will have to let me know what's up with production of it.

MiCRO

I would be interested in these.

KRISKARRERA

I'm looking into getting bbm to do some spark plug oil seals.

rodionski

Yes, I will sign up for a couple of sets! Maybe useful to also ask for the valve cover seal and the three small seals under the valve cover bolts.

As all of them must be renewed every time.

B1ack_Mi16

Silly enough you will get these seals without any hassle if you buy a complete head set.

For example from Goetze.

rodionski
Silly enough you will get these seals without any hassle if you buy a complete head set.

For example from Goetze.

Why would I have to buy an expensive complete head set of seals if I only need to service the lifter shims?!!

cammmy

You got solid lifters?

rodionski
You got solid lifters?

Yes, about to start production of solid lifters :)

KRISKARRERA

Unfortunately regarding the spark plug hole oil seals I am getting absolutely nowhere. Tom Fenton on the 205Gtidrivers forum has told BBM that he still plans to do a group buy on them, trouble is the group buy thread on there started over a year ago and it looks like we could be waiting a long time yet.

cammmy
Yes, about to start production of solid lifters :)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. I could be interested. I'm supposed to be saving though :lol:

Start thread plz

rodionski

I think I'd better start a thread once these arrive after production and have been tested in my car as these lifters are a rather critical part in view of strength and reliability - I would not like to have these on sale before they are proven to be ok.

B1ack_Mi16

For example from Goetze.

Why would I have to buy an expensive complete head set of seals if I only need to service the lifter shims?!!

I know, it's quite silly.

However they don't need to be changed every time.

I have been off with the rockercover on my track car about 8 times since I put it togeather. And still just re-using the same spark plug seals and the 3 other seals under the middle bolts.

No leaks what so ever.

B1ack_Mi16
Do you use any sealant on those spark plug seals?

No, didn't do that. But used to do it on my old Mi16 when the seals were several years old.

KRISKARRERA

Mine have a considerable indentations from the cam cover and were probably due replacement long ago. And they're rock-solid from decades of hot oil.

Sign in to follow this