• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Furio

Electric Powersteering

Furio

Has any one here tried to fit an electric pump from a 106. The original sysem driven by the camshaft works. But i'm a bit suspicious about that mounting - thinking about the damage that might happen if the pump packs up. I have a pump and braces. Will most likley need a pressure switch and som "plumbing". But it was more the electricals i was thinking of.

Any suggestions?

cammmy

I'm about to do this with a pump from an MR2. I guess it will be a case of mounting it, making piping to fit and sorting the wiring for power.

chris adams

its been done many tymz before , get the elecky pump from saxo/pug n hook up the piping you,d be best off gettin the wiring harness for the pump as well as the relay im sure theres a thread on the 205 forum some where. theres another option ive thought of and that using the fiat elecky pump which has 2 settings, basically normal pws turn and supper assisted for short n tight parking weather these are any good or reliable i dont know.

cammmy

I'm just going to have a switch for on and off. Only want it on at low speeds to save wear on the rack

Sign in to follow this