• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
John

[engine_work] 405 Gtx To 405 Gti-6

John
whats happened to the ecu n code box from that engine.

What do you mean?

the ecu n codebox from the 2.0 8 valve engine do you still have them i need new ecu with coded box for my cab as i had the ecu uncoded and they fked it

Hi. I have 2 of these ECUs floating around. Theres no codebox though, they are not coded.

John

Today I got a longer return hose for the servo reservoir and also got a high-pressure hose made at a norwegian hose manufacturer called Tess.This one is made of rubber and that makes it easier to route :).

img0808f.jpg

Havent figured out where I want to route those hoses yet though. Was thinking clipping the pressure hose on to the block and the return hose on top of the radiator...

img0809w.jpg

Also got the spoox push on adaptor in the mail a couple days ago. Very smart :)

img0810o.jpg

By doing that I can retain all of the GTX water hoses :)

Edited by John

John

img0243jz.jpg

img0240ho.jpg

:lol:

Edited by John

AlexN

Looks really neat, I bet you are very happy!!

John

Cleaned up the loom today.

img0258xl.jpg

All soldered and shrink wrapped now. :rolleyes:

Its the zip tied one thats the engine to dash loom connection.

Edited by John

calvinhorse

top job john!

John

Been driving it an hour today :D

This engine gives so much more driving pleasure than my old Mi16 any day. The sound is from the heavens when pushed! Cant wait for tomorrow so I can proper up a couple things in the bay and ride until sunset! :P

Everything works fine. Might be a little bit hot under the hood, but I guess thats what to be expected...

rodionski

So why would this engine give you "so much more" driving pleasure over the Mi16?

Oh, I just noticed that you had a DFW rather than a D6C. That the +20hp increase in power and some in torque should indeed be noticeable.

welshpug

much more torque, less peaky, wider power band.

rodionski

Yeah, that's exactly what i don't like about the 2.0 mi16 and their derivatives - they have little racing character left in them, more of a conventional daily driver approach.

IMHO a true racing engine should be peaky, have little low rev torque and a narrow power band. Oh and about 280hp at 9,000rpm from a 1.9 ;)

John

Much racing character left in them :). More driveable and quicker than the DFW at least.

John

img0852uy.jpg

img0855vk.jpg

img0854tm.jpg

img0853xn.jpg

Car still pulling mighty strong :rolleyes:

Plan forward is buying new 206GTI calipers and pads and getting some 306GTI discs. Need to sort out some new rims as well as 15 inch is to small to fit these. I really want the 206 RC wheels...

Then getting the all important Toyo R888s :D

Edited by John

KRISKARRERA

Looks at home in there. Too bad the 405 didn't go on a bit longer, Pug may well have fitted that engine as standard.

rodionski

Agree totally. Oh and a ES9J4 version... yeah))))

John

So decided to strip the interior as Im going to do some welding on the right sill. Its pretty much all thrown out now. Discovered some other stuff that needs welding...

img1160va.jpg

img1158pc.jpg

Seat mouting completely rusted away :blink:

img1147m.jpg

img1146n.jpg

img1150m.jpg

What needs to be done:

weld hole in rear right wheel arch.

seat mounting.

a couple holes under the fuel tank.

And no the interior is not going back in. Im getting some real seats together with 4 point belts.

John

Well, got my rear beam and fuel tank off. The rear beam mountings were of course siezed so had to drill out a bolt after I snapped the absolute bollocks threads on the inside of the car. Need to weld a new bolt on there, thats a easy fix though. And yeah, of course also all the bars except for the ARB had to be cut to come out. It seems the biggest problem to getting em out is that its impossible to hit them really hard without deforming them and jamming then even harder... Thats was OK anyway as I'm going to be jamming in some 21,5mm Partner bars. I got some real torsion bar love yesterday :P...

Thankfully both of the shafts is in fairly good nick. Surprisingly as this is the original beam anno 1994 with the crappy Pug plastic bush and no grease point mounted up. I will at least rebuild it with grease points as the Pug dealers did in Norway. Thats supposed to increase the life of the bearings by a good amount. I'm delivering it to a sandblasting company as the beam is fairly rotten and I dont want to do fill up the backyard with sand ;). It will also be powder coated by these guys so should be solid.

img1179m.jpg

img1181p.jpg

Also stole a driveshaft of a scrapped estate and gave it a blast, lick of paint and new boots as my shaft was shagged by the GTI6 engine after a couple weeks (was bad before as well, but didnt like the additional power).

img1129g.jpg

Once rear beam is sent off its time to break out the welder. Im aiming to get done with this really fast. Going to blast the floor to get all the s*it off it then weld all holes that pops up. The seam where the boot floor meets the backplate is rotten all the way around after it clearly has been taking in water. Then its the sill of course...

Edited by John

chris adams

The gearbox I will use is one from a 1.9L Mi16 as the gears is shorter than on the GTX. I won't go through the hassle of chopping up things to get the GTI-6 box in there.

gti-6 internals can be fitted into mi16 box so no need to cut the chassis, i believe i read somewhere

chris adams

The gearbox I will use is one from a 1.9L Mi16 as the gears is shorter than on the GTX. I won't go through the hassle of chopping up things to get the GTI-6 box in there.

gti-6 internals can be fitted into mi16 box so no need to cut the chassis, i believe i read somewhere

John

Internals wont fit between them. The GTI6 shaft is physically too long to fit inside a 5-gear case.

Im using the Mi16 box too. Its not perfect though. You cant really use 1st gear.

In a perfect world the 1st gear would be longer and 2nd gear a little shorter.

Edited by John

John

So started off rust work by chopping off some floor, made a new plate and welded it in. The rust from the rotten chassis stiffener under the floor had creeped into the floor here. Need a new one of those.

Time consuming stuff :)

img1195w.jpg

Tomorrow I will make the last plate here. :)

Notice the floor to wheel well section thats rusted through.

The ARB got some flapdisc love and red Hammerite :)

img1204b.jpg

Edited by John

John

Picked up 4 pieces of this today

img0885ks.jpg

405 T16 wheels with almost new tires.