• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugnut405

Mi16 2.0 Questions

pugnut405

Ok then...

1.) Does the XU10 engine as fitted to the 405 Le Mans/Phase 2 Mi16 have a sump baffle? My sump is aluminuim but is not finned externally like the XU9J4 sump. A 306 S16 motor I had had a steel sump which was not baffled.

I would like to save the hassle of removing mine to check as I can think of more fun things to do.

2.) What can I do about the load compensator on my Le Mans as the spring has broken and I am having trouble bleeding the rear brakes after fitting some braided lines.

3.) Where can I find some adjustable/ uprated dampers for the 405??

I'm off to the 'ring in 4 weeks so need to sort the above before preferably. :blink:

All help greatfully recieved and I may know a few bits that other people need to know so if I can return the advice I will.

welshpug

1, I believe they do, mine does anyway! (well it was in a 1992 ZX, and did jack to prevent oil surge rattling a tired bottom end! mine had the steel sump, what it didn't have that the later engines do have is a windage tray)

2, replace the compensator, GSF do Bendix ones for £70.

3, a fair few places, most will have to be custom though.

S@m

According to servicebox they do! Air con models have the alloy sump with baffle (gti6 style) and non air con models have a steel sump with seperate baffle. Although, servicebox is not known for being 100% accurate. And only models after 15/11/1993 (so not very many) have the windage tray..again, according to servicebox.

Sam

DRTDVL1345402287

The S16 should have a small trapdoor baffle on it, mine did. It might have been replaced at some point.

Sign in to follow this