• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cammmy

Toughening The Transfer Case

cammmy

Hi Guys

What needs to be done to make the transfer case stronger?

I'm going to be racing my 4bie and will be tuning the motor at some point. Would like to make sure the TC can handle it.

Also, is it worth investigating the replacement of the viscous coupling with a Torsen? Would it be worth it and are there any that can be taken from another car and put into the 4bie?

Ta

Guest Skeleton
Hi Guys

What needs to be done to make the transfer case stronger?

I'm going to be racing my 4bie and will be tuning the motor at some point. Would like to make sure the TC can handle it.

Also, is it worth investigating the replacement of the viscous coupling with a Torsen? Would it be worth it and are there any that can be taken from another car and put into the 4bie?

Ta

The guy you want to talk to about this is ScottCMB over at Aussiefrogs

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/member.php?u=4173

here is his profile on the site and his email is scottcmb@hotmail.com

I've spoken to him many times about his turbo conversion on his MiX4. As I remember he had taken parts from much

stronger logging truck transfer cases and machined them to replace the weaker peugeot syncros.

Good luck.

cammmy

Awesome! He's in the South of NZ too so that should be sweet.

Cheers

Cam

AlexN

I'll PM you some info that might be useful. I've also got a few bits and pieces you might be interested in!

Sign in to follow this