• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Mi16 1.9 Gearbox On Mi16 2.0 Engine

scoop

is it possible that the mi16 1.9 gearbox gives better acceleration on the mi16 2.0 engine due to wider gear ratio??

Jer309GTi

They are the same ratios as far as I know...

scoop

well, the 2nd gear on the 1.9 gearbox reaches 100 km but on the 2.0 gearbox it reaches 90 km so what do u think??

rodionski

well, the 2nd gear on the 1.9 gearbox reaches 100 km but on the 2.0 gearbox it reaches 90 km so what do u think??

that's silly. the 2nd gear in the 1.9 mi16 box does NOT reach 100kmh at all. not above 96kmh at the most. the boxes are the same ratio wise

scoop

that's silly. the 2nd gear in the 1.9 mi16 box does NOT reach 100kmh at all. not above 96kmh at the most. the boxes are the same ratio wise

well to proof click this link and u will see ur self http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_gfkMy-lU...feature=related for the 1.9 mi16

for the 2.0 mi16

rodionski

well to proof click this link and u will see ur self http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA_gfkMy-lU...feature=related for the 1.9 mi16

for the 2.0 mi16

i need no "proof" as i happen to own a stock 1.9 mi16 and i happen to have both studied loads of tech info on this car as well as field tested it myself a number of times. all your video shows is that the plastic gear drived by the shaft is worn or the speedo is worn, both would result in producing wrong reading.

just check the gear ratios for the mi16 BE1 (1.9) and mi16 BE3 (2.0) gearboxes from any reputable tech spec data sheet. then you will see for yourself.

scoop

for the 2.0 mi16

i need no "proof" as i happen to own a stock 1.9 mi16 and i happen to have both studied loads of tech info on this car as well as field tested it myself a number of times. all your video shows is that the plastic gear drived by the shaft is worn or the speedo is worn, both would result in producing wrong reading.

just check the gear ratios for the mi16 BE1 (1.9) and mi16 BE3 (2.0) gearboxes from any reputable tech spec data sheet. then you will see for yourself.

well how about the sti 2.0 8v gearbox??

rodionski

for the 2.0 mi16

well how about the sti 2.0 8v gearbox??

sorry, can't say anything about that one..

KRISKARRERA

STi box has longer ratios, that's not going to help acceleration.

B1ack_Mi16

1.9 Mi16 box maxes out at 96-97 kph at revlimit, tested a lot in earlier years :)

However just rev the engine to 8500rpm and you'll do over 100 no problems :D

petert1345402284

The STi and other non Mi boxes run the same wide ratios as the Mi16 but with the longer 4.06 cwp. If you want more acceleration fit 3, 4 and 5 from a 205 GTi box. All 2nd gears have the same ratio.

scoop
The STi and other non Mi boxes run the same wide ratios as the Mi16 but with the longer 4.06 cwp. If you want more acceleration fit 3, 4 and 5 from a 205 GTi box. All 2nd gears have the same ratio.

thanks alot for ur help :)

Sign in to follow this