• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL1345402287

Mi16 - Engine Power

DRTDVL1345402287
heres the graph (thanks m@tt) please take in to count that my car has done 126,000 miles! the huge dip in power around 2500 is possibly due to a problem with the map sensor, i was also told the car is over fueling!

pretty damn happy with the end power tho!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/meb...516/K187BOE.jpg

hmmm, mine which it totally bog stock is about 10 bhp up on yours and has done 101k.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/wel...16/l275xwk2.jpg

hmmm, mine which it totally bog stock is about 10 bhp up on yours and has done 101k.

114hp (85kW) at the wheels is exactly what I'd expect from a standard, healthy D6C. Impossible to make any sort of comparison with flywheel hp that's derived from wheel hp.

From the above hp at the wheels and the above dyno plot it looks like mine is making more than standard. the car is running S16 gearbox and final drive if that makes any differance...

This is the dyno plot from my 205 mi16 which we think hasn't been played with, the previous owner doesn't remember adding cam's or anything like that.

I've added Peter's Chip to it as you can see by the blue plot. The dyno is known to produce lower figures than other places around auckland (i've got 12hp less on this plot than a club day at a different place 1 month early)

Capture-2.jpg

I know without seeing the engine and the cams it would be hard to tell. It was rebuilt and given a fresh up but running factory mi16 4bie ecu (355), pod filter, and larger exhaust system (factory manifold)... other than that i know of no other modifications to the motor...

What is the likely hood its been played with?

Edited by DRTDVL

welshpug

S16 box is the same as an Mi16 box gear ratio wise.

What was your torque curve like?

Worth noting that my engine mentioned above is not a D6C, its a 2.0 RFY! and also Powerstation's RR somehow gives epic drivetrain losses compared to other RR's, halve the figure and you actually get a much more realistic loss and @ wheel number (139)

182Nm of torque from mine is respectable I think for a stock engine (134 lbft), but quite a lot less than the RFS lump that's in my ZX.

DRTDVL1345402287

I don't have one from that day, but this is the one from the month previous... They did the run in 3rd gear hence the torque high figures...

I've got the 1.9ltr engine in my car.

SCAN0001.jpg

Thanks for the s16 vs mi16 gearbox information... i wasn't sure on that

Edited by DRTDVL

welshpug

why was it run in 3rd?! :wacko: makes it rather difficult to compare to any other graph which is normally done in 4th as that's closer to 1-1

DRTDVL1345402287

no idea... thats what the place did it in... i have a feeling its to fudge the figures and make owners happy with higher hp figures...

Sign in to follow this