• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

405 T16 Engine

scoop

hi there, i just wanted to ask about the t16 engine parts excluding the turbo parts,are they the same as the s16 parts?? such as cranks, water pump, standard engine parts. would the 2.0 8v turbo(xu10j2te) pistons work in the t16 engine?? regarding the compression ratio??? what other parts from other xu engines or other peugeot engines would be similar to the t16 engine parts???

Baz

The T16 is very different internally despite what it looks like to any others.

AlexN
hi there, i just wanted to ask about the t16 engine parts excluding the turbo parts,are they the same as the s16 parts?? such as cranks, water pump, standard engine parts. would the 2.0 8v turbo(xu10j2te) pistons work in the t16 engine?? regarding the compression ratio??? what other parts from other xu engines or other peugeot engines would be similar to the t16 engine parts???

I'm sure there will be other along to give you more information than I can, but the T16 for starters has a bespoke nitrided crank not found in any other engine, the pistons and rods are also unique (I think), and the block itself has been modified compared to a standard XU10 engine. The head has unique cams and sodium filled exhaust valves. Obviously both the inlet and exhasust manifold are unique as well. The bore x stroke is 86 x 86 mm, and I think the compression ratio is about 8:1. I don't know what other engines have similar components, but the standard T16 parts apparently are good for around 400bhp (good thing as I will be aiming for 350+ from my engine :) )

B1ack_Mi16

With that said however, I wouldn't really have a old mid 1990's engine as any performance goal these days anyway :P

The S16 engine is fully capable of taking a lot of hassle if you just get some custom pistons to suit.

I've studied S16 rods along with T16 rods and the only difference is the rod width which is 24mm on S16 and 26mm on T16.

The rod width is different because the T16 crank is forged and the S16 one is cast..

As far as I know by now these forged cranks are only found in T16, 1.9 TD and 2.1 TD XU engines.

The cast crank will probably not have any problems of taking a lot of abuse.

I seem to remember a sweedish guy running 400-500bhp on a Mi16 alloy block, and that's a regular cast crank also.

When it comes to head of course the soduim filled exhaust valves will be good for cooling, but it's not a must really.

The original camshafts are so mild that it's a joke :)

Build your own engine from scratch and you will have possibilities of getting a much better engine.

Also don't make it 8:1 in compression as it's just too low.

I'm now ordering some custom Pauter conrods for the 2.2 T16 bottom end I'm building, can't wait till they will arrive :D

rodionski
The rod width is different because the T16 crank is forged and the S16 one is cast..

As far as I know by now these forged cranks are only found in T16, 1.9 TD and 2.1 TD XU engines.

I am pretty sure that albeit the Mi16 crank is indeed cast, the S16 one IS in fact forged.

B1ack_Mi16

I am pretty sure that albeit the Mi16 crank is indeed cast, the S16 one IS in fact forged.

No way for sure :)

I have some engines here that I have studied.

1.9 8v, 1.9 Mi16, 2.0 16v XU10J4R, 2.0 16v S16, 2.0 16v XU10J4RS, 1.9D, 1.9 TD, 2.1 TD and a few T16 engines also :)

And the only ones with forged cranks are those with a little bit of torque... and that's 1.9 TD, 2.1 TD and T16.

The other cranks are as cast as they can be :)

The split line is about 1cm thick on the forged ones, the cast ones have split line of 1-2mm usually.

scoop

No way for sure :)

I have some engines here that I have studied.

1.9 8v, 1.9 Mi16, 2.0 16v XU10J4R, 2.0 16v S16, 2.0 16v XU10J4RS, 1.9D, 1.9 TD, 2.1 TD and a few T16 engines also :)

And the only ones with forged cranks are those with a little bit of torque... and that's 1.9 TD, 2.1 TD and T16.

The other cranks are as cast as they can be :)

The split line is about 1cm thick on the forged ones, the cast ones have split line of 1-2mm usually.

thanks for the info, one question: can i take all the necessary turbo parts from the t16 engine like the inlet manifold, turbo, exhaust manifold, ecu, wiring loom, pistons, turbo cooler , and replace them into the 406 2.0 (136 hp) engine XU10J4RL/Z/L3?? will the t16 ecu work this engine??

kutija1345402283

you will need EVERYTHING from t16 engine....crank,pistons ,rods,manifolds ,sensors,etc etc.

You can't put t16 pistons on xu10j4r rods because wrist pins have different size.

The cheapest way is to use complete T16 engine or buy after market pistons and rods and standalone ECU to use xu10j4r.

Sign in to follow this