• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JeffR

Wheel Choice For Brembos

JeffR

Can anyone confirm one way or the other if Brembo 4 piston (ex 406 coupe) & 305mm discs will fit behind Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15x7" ET 15 wheels-preferrably without spacers?

http://www.teamdynamicsracing.com/competition_wheels.htm

Also would like to know approx what weight the rims are.

Thanks

petert1345402284

Hi Jeff, I think you need to go to a 16" wheel with a generous offset. Something like 16x7 8ET.

JeffR

Thanks Peter,

I've got a set of Nimrods 16x7 or 6 1/2" ET 29 from 206 GTI which I could use at a pinch, but they'd need hubcentric spacers of approx 20mm to clear the Brembos & are quite heavy. I'm a little nervous running spacers on the track car too.

I found a cheap set of TD ProRace 1.2's in 15" & if they cleared would give me a lighter wheel as well (not to mention 'R' spec tyres are cheaper too).

petert1345402284

I've been through the same dilemma, with 15" semi-slicks being the priority. The SL434 comes close but still needs a spacer. In the end I sold the Brembos and went back to GTi6 calipers with Endless pads. Not quite the same pedal feel but better than Brembos with average pads. Enough to pop your eye balls out in fact.

kutija1345402283

it won't fit with 305 discs under 15.

If you want to have 15s then you can use brembo with 288x28 xantia discs....

And if you want 305 discs as peter said you will need 16s and et around 8-10.....

welshpug

surely it doesnt matter what disc you use because the position of the caliper does not change?

kutija1345402283

Yes you are right.........

It's 405 not 205 B)

So you will need 16s for sure to have brembos and you will need 305 discs...it won't fit bolt on with 288x28 xantia discs on 405...

JeffR

Looks like I'd better stay with 406 brakes for the time until a lightweight set of 16's come up.

Thanks all for the advice.

D.B.205

Hello,

does anybody really know, that´s the 305mm discs fit on 405 with the Brembos? Is this discs in the middle of the caliper?

I mount Brembos on my 405 and now I search usable discs. I thought the 305mm are to big?!? :unsure:

Best Regards,

Dirk

cybernck

Yes, Brembos and 305mm discs should be a straight on conversion for a 405 :).

Sign in to follow this