• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Front Dampers

swordfish210

My 405 needs some new front dampers (one is leaking) and i was looking at getting some Bilstein OE replacements as i had some on my 205 and they were very good. However i was looking at the ECP website and they show 2 types of damper, one is oil and one is gas filled with just a few pounds of difference between them. Has anyone used these before and if so which one is the perfered item, or are there any other dampers that i should be looking for. Thanks. Mark

KRISKARRERA

My 405 has the Bilstein gas dampers from their Streetline kit, they seem pretty good.

Erlend405Mi16x4

i belive that gas dampers have better response time and therefore is perferred.

swordfish210

OK i bought a pair of the OE Bilstein gas filled dampers on monday and fitted them but now the rideheight of the car has gone up by about 2 inches :( Anyone else experienced this problem?

Guest PeterCrow

I've just ordered a set of Koni yellows (fronts are adjustable). Will fit new top strut mounts, control arm bushes and steering ram at same time. Also wheel alignment. I've had a great run with Koni yellows on my sports coupes and sports sedans i the past so decided to try them on the Mi16. Will let you know difference it makes...

KRISKARRERA
OK i bought a pair of the OE Bilstein gas filled dampers on monday and fitted them but now the rideheight of the car has gone up by about 2 inches :( Anyone else experienced this problem?

Wait to see if it settles a bit over time.

Where did you get them from?

swordfish210

I got them from Euro car Parts. I've sorted it now though:

DSC00353-1.jpg

Sign in to follow this