• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeterCrow

Best Shocks For 405 Mi16?

Guest PeterCrow

Hi - I'm wondering about new shocks for my 405 Mi16. What brands and models seem to work best on our cars? My car is running standard suspension and new Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 195/55x15 tyres.

I've had a good run with Koni yellows (Renaultsport Clio 172) and Bilsteins (BMW M535i) in the past. But what works best for the Mi16?

Keen to hear your real-world views and experience!

Thanks -prc.

Peter Crow

Wellington, NZL

1992 405 Mi16

Guest PeterCrow

Update:

After much research I've ordered a set of Koni yellows. Am also changing control arm bushes, strut top mounts and steering ram at same time...and am trying to sort out wheel alignment (toe-in setting!)

cybernck

To avoid opening a new topic - does anyone know if base model and Mi16 shocks absorbers are physically the same?

And how lower is the Mi16 compared to the base model?

One for Kris perhaps? :D

Thanks.

welshpug

I believe they may have a shorter piston front damper, the ride height in the Haynes manual for a 1.9 MI16 is listed as being 180mm +/- 7mm, the 1.9 8 valve being 210mm.

I believe that is measured to the sills under where the holes are, may be able to confirm tomorrow as I have a P2 and mum has a P2 diesel estate.

Sign in to follow this