• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

How Much Can I Tow?

christopher

I would like to tow an old sportscar back from uk to denmark. The combined weight of the car and trailer should be around 1600kg's.

Any ideas what kind of weights can be safely towed using a 405? I pretty sure I would have the grunt to pull it at least :rolleyes:

welshpug

no chance I'm afraid, the 405 has a max towing weight of 1200 kilos.

holemi

You need to buy a volvo t5 for that!! :D

Jer309GTi

Does that include the T16? I'd have thought with the combination of bigger brakes, more power/torque and 4wd then the towing weight should be higher? Thats assuming Christopher was talking about his T16 of course :D

calvinhorse

if he uses a 405 t16 as a tow car he needs his head looking at!!

imaS

I'd hope that splines between gearbox/transferbox are in good condition for that load. Or T16 may get towed too.

christopher

Does that include the T16? I'd have thought with the combination of bigger brakes, more power/torque and 4wd then the towing weight should be higher? Thats assuming Christopher was talking about his T16 of course :D

Yes the question is about my 405 T16. It's not half way across europe. Just to the harwich ferry from the M25 and then about 200km's on the Motorway in Denmark

if he uses a 405 t16 as a tow car he needs his head looking at!!

Ha Ha. Well you know it has a tow bar so :P Of course I don't want to damage anything :P

I'd hope that splines between gearbox/transferbox are in good condition for that load. Or T16 may get towed too.

I'm sure that would be probably ok. I wouldn't be drag racing with a trailer :lol:

welshpug

ahh right, well all the information you'd need should be on the VIN plate I believe.

one problem being if you do exceed the limit, is not that whether the car copes, but that you would technically be uninsured.

Sign in to follow this