• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiCRO

Problem With Brakes

MiCRO

Few days ago I noticed something strange with my brakes while driving, when I remove my foot from the brake pedal, the brakes didn't release immediately (car was still braking), but after a second later.

Yesterday I got into the car, as I pushed the brake pedal, removed the foot, the brake was left stuck! And I could not move the car, the pedal was down, it didn't return. It releases slowly by itself, but it takes about 5 minutes to be completely released.

I also burned my clutch a bit while I was trying to climb the kerb to park my Mi16 with brakes stuck! :angry:

What could be the problem with the brakes?

Please help!

MiCRO
what brake system does it run?

I'm not sure, it doesn't have ABS, it's a '90.

MiCRO

Now the pedal doesn't come back at all! HELP! :(

Has anyone had this problem? How can I fix it?

Jer309GTi

Did the car used to have ABS and it was converted? Because it should have had ABS as standard when it was new.

First thing that comes to mind could be the master cylinder failing internally. You could try undoing the master cyl from the servo and see if the pedal operates normally then.

Also might be worth seeing if the brake light switch hasnt become dislodged and is fouling the pedal. That ones a long shot but may be possible

MiCRO
Did the car used to have ABS and it was converted? Because it should have had ABS as standard when it was new.

First thing that comes to mind could be the master cylinder failing internally. You could try undoing the master cyl from the servo and see if the pedal operates normally then.

Also might be worth seeing if the brake light switch hasnt become dislodged and is fouling the pedal. That ones a long shot but may be possible

Hi!

It's possible, but I'm not sure since I own it only for 8 months, but in the registration card there is no mention of ABS.

The brake pedal came back today, i tried pushing it 2-3 times same thing happens, it needs five min. to come back, after the last pushing it didn't come back.

I noticed that a hose that connects master cylinder with the intake manifold is very hard, like its frozen, after the engine warmed up, it became softer, except the part of the hose closer to the master cylinder (cause the engine can't warm up that part).

pa200061mediumapk6.th.jpg

By undoing the master cylinder, you wanted me to disconnect this hose?

Q: Should there be a spring or something similar that returns the brake pedal? Because I can't see anything like that.

Miles: I read on the master cylinder "ATE" I suppose this is the name of the brake system?

P.s: checked the brake light switch, looks ok

Edited by MiCRO

Sign in to follow this