• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Routing Wiring From The Engine Compartment

christopher

I tried to fit an extra gauge last weekend and in doing so needed to route some wiring from the engine compartment.

Mine is of course left hand drive so there might be some differences. (and of course its a T16)

However does anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this? I sent hours looking for a way to route a wire to behind the dashboard and evcentually gave up. The wiring on mine seems to dissapear high up behind the dashboard somewhere...

Thanks for your suggestions

Jer309GTi

On my project thread, I'm sure I put pics up of how I routed cables through the bulkhead. I'll have a look a bit later on when I've got some time

christopher
On my project thread, I'm sure I put pics up of how I routed cables through the bulkhead. I'll have a look a bit later on when I've got some time

Sure. Which thread this this?

himbigchief

When I did the power cable for my stereo on my old Mi I just drilled a hole through the top of the outer bulkhead and then another one through the inner bulkhead (near where the ECU lives on the Mi) and routed the wire through there down into the cabin (came through behind the glovebox but would be behind the steering wheel on LHD cars).

Haze

in RHD cars its easy, open the glovebox out and the grommet is on the left.

Im pretty sure theres a grommet on the drivers side, around the same spot, so i would assume in a LHD car, when the glovebox is opened it should be on the right??

Edited by Haze

Toffer

Referring to my GLX Ph2 and GTX ph2 chassi, there's a hole in the bulkhead with a rubber protector just a bit left of the steering axle. This (on the gtx and glx) has unused holes for wires, its a big lump of rubber, and the free holes are "sealed" with plastic pins.

I managed to get a 50mm2 cable through there with some cutting of the rubber. (ugly finish though).

The bonnet release wire goes through there by stock, and some other stuff i can't remember.

Sign in to follow this