• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Finally Got My Ride Height As I Want It

KRISKARRERA

Originally I had some supposedly 25mm Ventura lowering springs on the front but the car seemed to float as I went over the crest of hills and then would almost bottom out when it came back down, just felt like the springs had been made for a lighter car. Also the rear seemed alot higher than the front. So then I fitted standard Mi16 springs and discovered these added 4cms so I'm guessing good old Ventura were a bit wrong about their springs giving a 25mm drop. Trouble was now the back was lower than front and you don't want that on a front wheel drive car. Yes I could have raised the back more to match but I liked the way the back looked.

Then recently I saw some mint standard springs from a 106 Quiksilver on ebay off and asked the seller to measure them, turned out they were just a bit taller than the Venturas and I thought what the hell let's try them....

And the result is perfect! Ride height is exactly halfway between Venturas and standard springs. And because they're a standard Pug spring they have allowed the car to be lowered without giving that awful crashy ride so many lowering springs give. Although they've come off a lighter car they are actually stiffer than Mi springs. I knew they be ok, same thickness of metal and all that.

Handling's improved slightly.

So at last my suspension saga is over.

gingerscotsman

Nicely done.

We want Pics !!!! :P

stuart.m

Very interesting... going to have to do something about my suspension in the near future so will bear this in mind. Also, pictures now!

Borntobewild

Definitely pics, I need to raise my MI a little bit

Jer309GTi

Nice you've got it sorted mate, you must be an expert at taking out struts now youve done it so many times ;):)

Baz

About feckin time!! :P

Sign in to follow this