• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Xu10j2te Pistons

scoop

which is stronger, the s16 pistons or the 406 turbo 8v pistons and if the s16 is stronger could it be replaced in the 406 turbo engine???

scoop

someone sais the pistons of the s16 are pretty strong enough, but is that true??, and could i add the s16 pistons in the 2.0 8v turbo??, also another idea came to my mind which is adding the full turbo kit to the s16 including manifolds, injectors, ecu etc.. so tell would these fit in the s16, and how could i adjust te compression ratio to 8 ?

Miles

They would be around the same as they are just std piston's which mean cheap, The only way to handle big power is forged pistons and coated too

B1ack_Mi16
They would be around the same as they are just std piston's which mean cheap, The only way to handle big power is forged pistons and coated too

I might add the S16 pistons are just as good as T16 (XU10J4TE) pistons, and I'm sure there is not a problem taking them to 350-400bhp without issues on a turbo engine.

scoop

I might add the S16 pistons are just as good as T16 (XU10J4TE) pistons, and I'm sure there is not a problem taking them to 350-400bhp without issues on a turbo engine.

thnx alot for the help man, so the s16 pistons could fit without any problems in the xu10j2te 8v

cybernck

S16 pistons give high compression though, whereas T16 ones give 8:1.

you can get a head spacer (amongst other things) from http://www.dp-engineering.com

cybernck

yep, that's it :).

the easiest way to drop the C/R... and it works! :)

scoop
yep, that's it :).

the easiest way to drop the C/R... and it works! :)

well isnt there any way doing the spacing other than buying from dp engineering scince they dont deliver to egypt.. but anyways is there a bad risk that the standard xu10j2te pistons might melt after the t25/t28 hybrid upgrade?? i mean this is a new experience i am facing.

cybernck

they should be fine, with moderate boost levels and fueling altered to suit.

i was referring to S16 pistons, they need C/R lowered.

XU10J2TE (or T8 as i call it) is a turbo engine to begind with :).

scoop
they should be fine, with moderate boost levels and fueling altered to suit.

i was referring to S16 pistons, they need C/R lowered.

XU10J2TE (or T8 as i call it) is a turbo engine to begind with :).

yea i already have the engine but i was just thinking about what should be done after upgrading the t25 to t25/t28 hybrid like am i gonna leave the rest whole thing standard and just the t25/ t28 or am i gonna need bigger intercooler and dump valve and a decent back box exhaust? and is the greddy exhaust a good choice? and what boost level am i gonna adjust with the t25/t28 and how could i adjust the fuel?? and what bhp should i expect??? thnx alot again for ur help cybernck

B1ack_Mi16

If you have the 8v turbo engine with flat top pistons it's more or less identical to the T16.

And you can put 16v head on without beeing afraid for valve-piston contact.

However if you have the block with the dished pistons you will need valve pockets.

scoop
If you have the 8v turbo engine with flat top pistons it's more or less identical to the T16.

And you can put 16v head on without beeing afraid for valve-piston contact.

However if you have the block with the dished pistons you will need valve pockets.

yea but if i changed the head i will need to buy new exhaust manifols and inlet manifolds so whats the point if i am going to change the whole engine, then it would much better just buying a whole s16 engine right??

Sign in to follow this