• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Adding A Turbo To 2.0 Sri 8v

scoop

hi there, is it possible to add a garrette turbo 480 bhp to my sri 2.0 8v engine and what r the requirements for making it possible and would it give the 480 bhp in th end??

Jer309GTi

480 bhp?! :blink: You would need to spend tens of thousands of pounds to get anywhere near that amount. Adding a turbo to the 8v may get you 180bhp, you'd need a stupid amount of work to get the other 300.

Baz

Why not just use am xu10j2cte 2.0 8v turbo engine anyway from a 406/XM/Xantia etc? Bags of torque and 150ish bhp std and the scope for alot more fairly easily

scoop

actually i am feeling tired about transplanting a v6 to my 405 as it requires alot of work and time and money, so my final plan is adding the 406 sri 2.0 8v turbo kit to my 405 sri 2.0 8v auto, so whats ur opinion?? and what is required to boost it to 200 bhp?? ppl told me i would need chip tuning and a boost control to make it reach to 200 bhp, with also adding the the 406 manifold inlet to my engine, and would my auto box be able to cope with the 200 bhp?? and is it healthy to my engine too?? scince it has a low compression and its an iron block

Edited by scoop

scoop
actually i am feeling tired about transplanting a v6 to my 405 as it requires alot of work and time and money, so my final plan is adding the 406 sri 2.0 8v turbo kit to my 405 sri 2.0 8v auto, so whats ur opinion?? and what is required to boost it to 200 bhp?? ppl told me i would need chip tuning and a boost control to make it reach to 200 bhp, with also adding the the 406 manifold inlet to my engine, and would my auto box be able to cope with the 200 bhp?? and is it healthy to my engine too?? scince it has a low compression and its an iron block

another idea came to my mind, could i add 2 406 sri turbo chargers to my 405 sri, also there will be a piston upgrade and an egine management added?

gingerscotsman

Might be easier to just get a whole engine and management out of a 406 Sri turbo and use that. Otherwise you will need pistons, management, turbo and manifolds as a minimum to make it work.

This was my backup plan if I could not get my engine working.

scoop
Might be easier to just get a whole engine and management out of a 406 Sri turbo and use that.  Otherwise you will need pistons, management, turbo and manifolds as a minimum to make it work.

This was my backup plan if I could not get my engine working.

i dont want to remove my engine i just need to make easy work, but what makes it easier to use a whole engine while i can just upgrade my engine withe the 406 sri turbo kit with its management??the 406 sri turbo is 2.0 liter 8v as same as mine also iron iron block as same as mine, whta would be the dangers if i just upgraded my engine as i said?/

KRISKARRERA

Probably different compression ratio for starters.

Is petrol cheap over there? The turbo 8v engine is known to be dreadful on fuel.

scoop
Probably different compression ratio for starters.

Is petrol cheap over there? The turbo 8v engine is known to be dreadful on fuel.

not cheap though, but can u give me a good answer about what i asked above?

KRISKARRERA

Unfortunately not because despite being a moderator my knowledge is somewhat limited.

Have you experience of doing engine conversions etc?

scoop
Unfortunately not because despite being a moderator my knowledge is somewhat limited.

Have you experience of doing engine conversions etc?

yes i was planning to to do a v6 conversion but it requires alot of effort and time and money which is not really worth

scoop

i want to ask u a question ive heard that the original pistons of the sri 8v turbo arent good scince they cant handle the high boost so thats why they stopped its production so is it true?? i was planing to upgrade my 405 with the whole 406 sri turbo engine + adding a superchip which adds extar 30 horse power and 45 nm torque, also increasing the turbo boost to 5 psi, do i need any other modifications??is it better to add an engine management or the superchip?, if i planned to upgrade my turbo to a bigger one will the superchip work with it, after these modifications will it be like the t16 performance?/

406 sri turbo= 150 bhp,160 bhp when boosted, 235 nm torque

adding a superchip= 190 bhp, 280 nm torque

scoop

which conversion worth an mi16 1.9 engine, or a 406 sri turbo engine with a gti6 gearbox+ a superchip?? my original engine is the 405 sri auto 123 bhp xu10j2c

gingerscotsman
which conversion worth an mi16 1.9 engine, or a 406 sri turbo engine with a gti6 gearbox+ a superchip?? my original engine is the 405 sri auto 123 bhp xu10j2c

Go for the SRi turbo engine. :D

Sign in to follow this