• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamesLeMans831345402285

Fueling

JamesLeMans831345402285

I've notice a bit off an odd problem with the car. When the fuel level starts to get a little under a quarter tank left the engine seems to struggle, no kangerooing or anything that bad, just not as much pull and what I imagine to be a pinking noise (similar to what you might hear going up hill in too high a gear) from the engine. If I continue to drive till tank empty it invariably ends up with an ECU error recorded, should get this read I guess.. Fill the tank up and everything is fine again.

I know ive read about fuel starvation when going round a track on here, but this is happens on straight line 'reserved' driving.

Anyone noticed the same? (mines phase II) god knows when the fuel filter was last changed so I should probably start there...

Edited by JamesLeMans83

gingerscotsman

Fuel filter would be my guess.

Herbsman
I've notice a bit off an odd problem with the car. When the fuel level starts to get a little under a quarter tank left the engine seems to struggle, no kangerooing or anything that bad, just not as much pull

Mine has done this at somepoint, but always when making swift progress on bendy A&B roads, never in normal driving conditions. Like you if I top up the tank it stopped. Fuel filter has been changed reguarly over the years, guess thats why its come and gone.

JamesLeMans831345402285
I've notice a bit off an odd problem with the car. When the fuel level starts to get a little under a quarter tank left the engine seems to struggle, no kangerooing or anything that bad, just not as much pull

Mine has done this at somepoint, but always when making swift progress on bendy A&B roads, never in normal driving conditions. Like you if I top up the tank it stopped. Fuel filter has been changed reguarly over the years, guess thats why its come and gone.

Yup I spend 70 miles a day on the motorway in at and thats where I notice it. Meh to the fuel filter, changed the oil, air and fuel filter spark plugs and oil. Still there. Really annoys me and seems to happen more and more often!

snave1345402286

I got the same problem when running on quarter tank, got a friend who fixed this by putting a vw golf gti 2 fuel accumulator, anyone knws where i can get this ?

Sign in to follow this