• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

Vibration On The Steering Wheel

scoop

guys does any one know what could be the couse of the vibration of the steering wheel when driving at a speed of 100 km?? and there is no problem from the wheels

stuart.m

Are the wheels correctly balanced?

gingerscotsman

Wheel balancing would be my guess too !

Guest pugwash

check engine mounts and cvs mine seems to come up with a kind of rubbing sensation on th e steering wheel when cornering at low speeds could be somewthing shifting and contacting the column under the car me thinks pugs

scoop
check engine mounts and cvs mine seems to come up with a kind of rubbing sensation on th e steering wheel when cornering at low speeds could be somewthing shifting and contacting the column  under the car me thinks pugs

could it be the the gearbox mounts??

welshpug

CV joints, wishbone bushes, lower balljoint, even ARB bushes, wheel balancing or generally cheap tyres can cause vibration.

cammmy

CHECK YOUR WHEEL NUTS AND QUICK!!!!!! I had my front rotors replaced and had the same issue. Ended up on the side of the motorway in the dark/pouring rain (standing in the slow lane) doing up my wheel nuts as they were almost falling off!!!

Haze

Most common at fault would be wheel balancing and wheel alignment. and as above for other possiblitys.

Sign in to follow this