• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

V6 Conversion Or Mi16 Conversion?

cybernck

haven't you said they're very cheap in Egypt?

in that case, it would cost you much much more to import one from the UK.

scoop
haven't you said they're very cheap in Egypt?

in that case, it would cost you much much more to import one from the UK.

the available ones here are the 194 bhp and i want the 210 bhp engine, by the way can u tell me the code of the 210bhp engine and tell me plz any other places other than the uk that sell these engines or tell me the places in the uk that sell with reasonable prices, importing is not a problem

KRISKARRERA

I believe the wiring is easier on the earlier engine.

Jer309GTi

Am I right in saying the later engine has variable valve timing and the earlier one doesn't? Or am I getting my wires crossed somewhere? :D

KRISKARRERA

Got a feeling you're correct.

Where's Miles when you need him :lol:

welshpug

spot on there, one thing to bear in mind, most later engines are in multiplexed cars, so the original ecu will throw a hissy fit if you try to install it into a 405 without the whole wiring for the car including the instrument panel.

so you'll need aftermarket management to make it work.

scoop

hii all, how long would it take to transplant completly a v6 210 bhp into my 405 sri??

welshpug

really depends how good you are with the spanners, welder angle grinder, AND the soldering iron.

dont forget that the 210 bhp engine was only in later cars, which tended to be multiplex wiring so not compatible with use in a 405, you would have to use aftermarket management to run it.

scoop
really depends how good you are with the spanners, welder angle grinder, AND the soldering iron.

dont forget that the 210 bhp engine was only in later cars, which tended to be multiplex wiring so not compatible with use in a 405, you would have to use aftermarket management to run it.

hii, what if i bought a front half cut of a peugeot 210 bhp v6 will it solve my problem about the wirings?

James504

hii, what if i bought a front half cut of a peugeot 210 bhp v6 will it solve my problem about the wirings?

No, Its a multi-plexed system. You would need the Engine ecu, psf1, bsi, dash cluster, brake switch, ignition barrerl and key, com unit, abs unit. Then you would have to find a way to fit it in a 405 and make all of it work, Even as a Peugeot technician with acess to the right equipment, wiring diagrams and a PPS. I still wouldn't be confident i could get the network to run in a 405.

scoop

i dont think its right to convert my sri 2.0 8v to v6 cuz it will cost alot and so much time, and i dont know if i convert my engine to mi16, or tuning my sri scince no body is giving good or sufficient infos all i need is 200 bhp what shall i do?? if mi16 which mi16 1.9 which gives 160 bhp the 2 row or 3 row?/

petert1345402284

I'd buy an XU10J4R, change both the cams, GTi6 inlet manifold and fit an after market ECU. That must be close to your 200hp, cheap and easy.

There were both 2 and 3 row versions of the D6C 160hp 1.9L engine.

scoop
I'd buy an XU10J4R, change both the cams, GTi6 inlet manifold and fit an after market ECU. That must be close to your 200hp, cheap and easy.

There were both 2 and 3 row versions of the D6C 160hp 1.9L engine.

actually gti parts arent available in egypt, but i need an answer for my idea,, my engine is the 405 sri xu10j2c 123 bhp 8v, there is another sri engine the 406 one with turbo giving 150bhp and its code is xu10j2te, could i take the 406 turbo kit with its fueling system and exhaust manifold and inlet manifold and upgrade them to my 405 sri, also could the compression ratio be adjusted??

Sign in to follow this