• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scoop

V6 Conversion Or Mi16 Conversion?

scoop

which is worth for upgrading my 405 sri 2.0 auto? 406 v6 engine or mi16 engine????

Jer309GTi

All depends on how much you want to spend and how easy it is to get hold of the bits in Egypt. If you can afford it, then go for V6 B), I know I would if I was able to. Mi16 is obviously the most straight forward and cheapest option however

welshpug

in reality a decent Mi16 engine will cost far more than the sum of parts required to install a V6 engine, but obviously not the time, which if you're doing it yourself wouldn't be much of a concern anyway.

complete V6 packages can be picked up for less than £500.

Borntobewild
If you can afford it, V6 deffinitly!

Package can be bought bij Ecosse

http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk/show_product.asp?id=1084

I want one :D

Or V8

ecosse are tooo expensive, in egypt the complete v6 engine transplanted ready for run in my 405 costs around £700

No way :blink:

*packing his stuf to move to Egypt

welshpug

no need to go that far! look in the right places in the uk you can get complete V6 406's for less than that.

KRISKARRERA

Any 306 GTI6s or Xsara VTSs out there? Just another option. I'd love a V6 in a 405 but it's a pain to do cambelt and plugs isn't it?

Guest badboyracer3500
Any 306 GTI6s or Xsara VTSs out there? Just another option. I'd love a V6 in a 405 but it's a pain to do cambelt and plugs isn't it?

Can't be any harder than a v6 in a 306 :blink:

My daughter just sold xsi kit to a lad thats got xsi with 406 v6 lump init.

Borntobewild

no need to go that far! look in the right places in the uk you can get complete V6 406's for less than that.

Wel in the netherlands prices run up to 3000-4000

scoop

is it ok for the 406 v6 engine upgrading on a 405 koni suspension?? and could the v6 a/c work on the 405?? i also see that there is a difference in engine mounts between the 406 engine mounts and the 405 engine mounts so how could that be fixed?? and is it safe?? if there are any helpful pics to demonstrate plz add so?? is it required to add a strut brace after upgrading??

cybernck

i'd recommend coilovers, so you could adjust height of the front end.

you'd have to check if the a/c systems are the same (earlier Peugeots used R12 and later R134a)

and i guess you'd have to get custom piping done, but you should be able to get it working.

check http://www.205v6.com to see what sort of work would be involved in mounting the engine.

hope this helps.

scoop
i'd recommend coilovers, so you could adjust height of the front end.

you'd have to check if the a/c systems are the same (earlier Peugeots used R12 and later R134a)

and i guess you'd have to get custom piping done, but you should be able to get it working.

check http://www.205v6.com to see what sort of work would be involved in mounting the engine.

hope this helps.

thanks alot ur help made a big difference with me cuz things seems to be clear now and my a/c uses r134a :)

scoop

which is faster in acceleration?? a 405 v6 or 405 t16??

KRISKARRERA

In theory I'd say the V6 might just very slighty be quicker because a 405 T16 is 1350kgs and a phase 1 405 be 1110kgs and even with V6 might still not break 1200kgs.

Also I know Autocar got the 406 V6 Coupe to 60mph in 7.4 seconds and that's at least the same weight as a 405 T16. But then the T16 has the benefit of 4wd. And it's easier to do cambelt. :lol:

I want a T16 in a 2wd 405 so I can have a RHD T16.

stuart.m

Yeah would be nice to make a RHD T16. Was at ecosse for a while last week having a look about, and the guy was saying they are still taking 6.5k for the engine as part of a conversion :|

scoop
In theory I'd say the V6 might just very slighty be quicker because a 405 T16 is 1350kgs and a phase 1 405 be 1110kgs and even with V6 might still not break 1200kgs.

Also I know Autocar got the 406 V6 Coupe to 60mph in 7.4 seconds and that's at least the same weight as a 405 T16. But then the T16 has the benefit of 4wd. And it's easier to do cambelt. :lol:

check this link (

) acceleration of a 406 coupe 0-100 km in just 5 seconds, how could it be 7.4 seconds??

scoop

which year model is for the 406 v6 that produces 210 bhp????

gingerscotsman

Anything after 2001 (or a D9 model in 406 terms) will have the 210 bhp engine. They look different so its easy to tell.

KRISKARRERA

check this link (

) acceleration of a 406 coupe 0-100 km in just 5 seconds, how could it be 7.4 seconds??

If it's accurate it can't be a standard engine.

scoop

hi, first of all i would like to thank u for ur help

i am searching to buy 406 v6 the 210 bhp manual engine to transplant it in my 405 so i need to know where to buy a full 406 v6 kit that would be needed for my 405, i live in egypt and i am willing to import the engine so plzz tell me which country,place area market that sell car accidents front halfs of 406 coupes

cybernck

scoop, stop posting new thread for every V6-related question! :rolleyes:

thanks.

scoop
scoop, stop posting new thread for every V6-related question! :rolleyes:

thanks.

o sorry

hi,

i am searching to buy 406 v6 the 210 bhp manual engine to transplant it in my 405 so i need to know where to buy a full 406 v6 kit that would be needed for my 405, i live in egypt and i am willing to import the engine so plzz tell me which country,place area market that sell car accidents front halfs of 406 coupes

Sign in to follow this