• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest flossy

Odd Steering

Guest flossy

Hi all,

My baby has an intermitant fault where sometimes she pulls to the right, i thought that maybe it had a sticking caliper but ATS have tested it several times and cant find anything wrong. Has anyone got any ideas????

:(

KRISKARRERA

Knackered tyres. Knackered suspension bushes. Bad tracking. So yeah virtually anything in that area.

Guest flossy

the odd thing is that you will drive along fine then after braking it will some times start pulling and others it wont. There is some wear to the outside of the osf tyre but this seems to be caused by the problem and not low tyre pressure or anything

Jer309GTi

Does it pull to the right randomly or when you are accelerating, for example?

Jer309GTi

I'd have said suspension bushes. The rear 'P' bushes have a habit of failing

Guest flossy

Totaly random but it does seem to be more after braking. some times after braking she will go back to normal other times back to normal after accelerating or hitting a pot hole.

all very odd

Jer309GTi

It's almost like something moves in the suspension when braking or hitting the pothole, and then when it moves back again it pulls to the right. I'd get the car up on some axle stands and give the front suspension a thorough check :)

Guest flossy

Gonna do all that on Sat afternoon, i was also gonna strip the caliper and re-grease it just to make totaly sure its not that. As a side point i was gonna clean and paint the calipers black so does hamerite do the trick or do you need heat proof paint

Bassman
Gonna do all that on Sat afternoon, i was also gonna strip the caliper and re-grease it just to make totaly sure its not that. As a side point i was gonna clean and paint the calipers black so does hamerite do the trick or do you need heat proof paint

I've got hammerite on mine and they have been fine.

Make sure the pins the caliper slides on are completely free and greased and the dust seals are intact and fit properly.

I had one pin stick on mine due to a perished dust seal and although it didn't cause the car to pull, it did warp the discs in a matter of days so it could have affected the steering if it had been worse.

KRISKARRERA

How the hell do you go about changing those rubber seals? One of mine is cracked.

Sign in to follow this